[17]

ii

ii. Following

Stiles and Gwen were already clothed and ready to go to school so they stopped by the station to talk to their dad about Theo.

"I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

"Please go to school, both of you." Sheriff Stilinski pointed to the door. "I want to." Gwen said rolling her eyes. "But somebody just had to overly obsess about a new kid."

"Gwen, this kid's a werewolf."

"Your best friends a werewolf, you are dating a werecoyote, your sister's a seer, her boyfriend is a werewolf-"

"Not my boyfriend." She chipped in.

"and I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school." Her dad said.

Gwen made circles around her dad, "What did you do?"

"What do you mean, 'What did I do'?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "There's something different about you." Stiles said looking him up and down.

"What are you two talking about?"

Stiles and Gwen got close to him trying to figure out what was different. "For the love of God, just go to school."

"We will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens."

"No." Her dad said simply. "You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion."

"Except you're not the only one." Gwen said putting finger guns at him and pointing behind her. "You gotta admit. He's pretty hot."

Sheriff Stilinski rolled his eyes, "Parrish!"

__

"So you ran a background check and all you guys found was a speeding ticket?" Malia asked as her, Stiles, and Gwen walked up the stairs, facing the school.

"A speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago." Gwen said confirming it. "Which means what?"

"Who speeds?" Stiles asked turning around facing to Malia waiting for an answer but she just gave him a confused look, "People trying to get away from something."

"Well, how many tickets do you have?" Malia asked making Gwen chuckle. She looked to her left to see people staring at her and whispering. It made her more anxious by the second.

"None."

"How many would you have if you dad didn't get you out of them?" Malia restated her question differently.