Sight

People have pitied me since I was born. I was born blind and others thought I would never find my soulmate. Usually when you and your soulmates eyes meet the world is supposed to light up in all the colors you've never seen.

But I am blind. Never will I know if I am looking at my soulmate. The doctors said my soulmate could have already died as sometimes the loss of a soulmate can cause blindness. Because of all of this I gave up trying to find my soulmate at a young age.

I had to work around being blind. I have a seeing eye dog named Natsu, who acts more like a cat than a dog. My mother and my teachers were supportive and understanding, never once giving up.

I never met my father. Maybe he just didn't want a disabled son. That's what the others kids say. Since I can't see, my other senses have made up for it. I can hear better than anyone else in my school, not that they know.

They talk about me a lot. The pathetic blind kid. The one that relies on everyone else. The one whose father ran away from him. The one who will never go anywhere in life.

I always have to hold back Natsu at that last one. He is very protective of me, though I don't know why. Everything they said is right.  Anyways class is starting.

I heard we have a new teacher, our last one retired. I heard the door slide open and heavy footsteps echo in the quiet room. The rest of the class starts to whisper. Look at his glasses. He looks so old. Hey he still has brown hair. I don't see any gray hair. But look at those wrinkles.

"Hello I am your new teacher, Nezu Dohachiro. I hope we can all get along."

He seems nice. He starts teaching, well actually it's bragging. He just keeps repeating about how elite he is. I zoned out, but that was a bad idea...
"Sawada! Is that a pet?! You know pets aren't allowed on campus!"

I perked up. "Sir, this is my seeing eye dog. I'm blind."

"You can't trick me! Your eyes look perfectly fine!"

"But sir, I actu-"

"That's it go outside! And take that mongrel with you!" I could hear Natsu start to growl. I grab my stuff and let Natsu lead me out. He leads me to the roof, where I just sit down with Natsu's head in my lap.

I feel something slip down my cheek. I lift my hand up only to come in contact with something wet. I lean down and start petting Natsu, him whimpering as tears stream down my cheeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at the door of the classroom the next day. Hesitating, I hold my hand over the door. The door slides open without me though and Nezu's voice rings out in the hallway. "Oh! If it isn't the little faker. I don't know how you faked all of those documents but I know the truth. You're nothing but a liar."

I stand shock still. What is he talking about. But he just keeps talking. "If you're going to still play blind, you can stay out here." He then slams the door in my face.

It takes a few minutes to register what he said. I numbly follow Natsu he leads me to an empty room. The music room from the smell. I spend the rest of the day there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spend years getting kicked out of the classroom. Nezu some how just followed us all the way to high school. I have to learn the material by myself as he doesn't kick me out for tests. Hibari understands why I wander the hall during class time, and doesn't bite me to death.

I spend my time in the abandoned music room, singing or playing the instruments. I suspect Hibari comes by and listens from time to time.

I was walking to class one day and heard how a hot upperclassman was interning for my class. Huh, I bet he'll be just like Nezu. I walked into the classroom keeping my head down as usual. I sit in my seat and prepare myself for either a test or to be kicked out.