Chapter eleven. (Courtney)

I made the 20 minute trip to Hope's daycare in only 10, although it felt like a lifetime. I've never prayed so hard in my life. 

As I pulled up,  I saw groups of parents huddled together,  a bunch of police cars and SWAT team stuff with the yellow crime scene tape. It looked like something off of law & order,  or Rizzoli & Isles. Not like a place for 3 and 4_year olds. Two hours passed when finally,  they bought out the gunwoman in cuffs.

Apparently,  the director went through a bad divorce and lost custody of her kids. It doesn't matter what you're going through,  you don't get to take it out on cute innocent toddlers.

       The moment Hope ran into my arms,  relief and joy washed over me. "Are you okay sunshine?"   

"Mama I fine. I fine mama." She whined.  I  reluctantly let her go to put her in the carseat.

"You wanna get ice cream before we go to Mommy's job?" Her eyes got so wide.

"I see Daddy?  and kaykay?  and Mike?  and daddy?" I smiled at her. She didn't realize the danger she was in,   she just wanted her dad.

  I stopped by McDonald's to get her an ice cream cone,  then  back  to the playground,  listening to her blab on about Frozen.

   Everyone was still on the practice field when I got back.  Everyone was happy she was okay,  and when I say everyone,  I mean it. People from the  front office,  Mr. Torres, George the GM,  a few agents. People love Hope,  she was special. They were all giving her hugs and kisses  and making sure she was okay.  As soon as she saw Mike, she ran to him. He got her a Doc McStuffins shirt when he first met her,  and she's loved him ever since.

   I guess practice had concluded because they were going in the team huddle. I also guess practice wasn't good cause Mike looked pissed as he picked Hope up.   "You okay? "  She asked him.

"Uhuh Hope. They were being bad and not listening to me." Mike told her,  causing players to groan.  I laughed cause Hope was about to go into Bossy pants mode.

"You be good to him cause he is my friend. You listen to him cause he my friend. Or else." Hope yelled.  One of the players snickered. They should take these threats seriously. "You go night night with no ice cream,  and you're not invited to my birthday party."  Hope cried. Me and Chris were laughing so hard , and everyone else looked scared. She was my mini me after all.

  "So,  if we don't have a better practice tomorrow,  You guys are not invited to Hopes party." Mike told the team. 

" And we have ice cream and cake and candy."  Hope added.

    This girl was truly amazing,  she was in danger and didn't even worry,  and now she was telling grown ass men they weren't invited to her birthday party. I was just happy my baby girl was okay.