Chapter Seven. (Courtney)

Before I knew it,  May had turned into November. Me and Chris had been dating again,  I guess. We never really put a label on it.  Chris was a really big part of Hope's life. He dropped her off at school everyday,  bought her whatever her little heart wanted with pleasure, and she had a room in his condo.  He made sure he read to her every night. His family loved her, and they were even more excited we were back together. Hope was happy that she had a new best friend.

         Work was,  ughh. The players and coaches were cool but my actual coworkers were all team Martis even though they didn't know the story.

      I was wrapping some guys ankle in the trainers room when Chris walked in. Is he hurt? Why is he in here I worried. He sat in one of the massage chairs and invited the rookie to his birthday party over the weekend.  Shit,  I forgot all about his birthday. I didn't even realize he was  talking to me.

"Courtney, are you gonna come to my party?" He asked. He knew good and well I didn't do clubs,  but that seemed to be his new thing. When he wanted me to say yes,  he asked at work in front of people.

"Can I bring a friend?" 

"Only if they're as pretty as you."  Was his smart ass reply.

"Sure thing." God I was going to regret this later.

     ~~~~Later in Life ~~~~

       "YAASSSSSS HONEY YASSSSSSS" my best friend,  Orlean exclaimed as I stepped into my living room.

Me and Orlean are always mistaken for sisters,  we look that much alike. We're  both 5'8, thick and curvy with wild crazy thick unruly curly hair. The only difference was she was caramel and I was chocolate. 

I twirled for them, watching as they admired the way this red dress  hugged my curves. The gold pumps I wore just made my outfit that much hotter. I left my hair wild, I knew how much Chris liked it like that. 

"Honey Chile Chris gonna rip off that and do you on the dance floor."  Orlean joked. 

Kaylin looked confused.

"You didn't know?  Her and Chris used to,  um, date?" Orlean explained.

"Let's go."  We got into my Passat and got to Club Leverage.

         It was packed.  We made our way to the V.I.P. section when Orlean tapped my shoulder.

"Um,  Kevin is here." She whispered.  When me and Chris were dating in college,  so where our best friends, and Kevin ripped my girls heart into pieces by cheating on her.

"Don't worry about him,  be the bad bitch you are." I told her as I walked towards Chris. Apparently,  the whole football team was here,  oh well.

"Happy Birthday" I said as I hugged him. God he looked good in all black everything. "Now dance with me. " I grabbed his hand and led him to the middle of the floor. 

     Dutty Wine came on,  then that throw that ass in a circle ,  the whole time I felt his erection on me.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I asked him once he pulled me to a wall. 

"You're in trouble for teasing me out there." He growled at me. He began vigorously rubbing me,  getting me hot and bothered,  wanting more before  he stopped. "I'll think of a punishment later." He smirked as he walked off.  I'm going to need a strong drink.

         By the time 2:30 came by,  me and my girls were shitfaced. Not sloppy,   but I knew I couldn't drive home. Luckily Chris saw me.  "You guys are coming home with us." Chris,  Kevin and some guy I didn't recognize led me Kaylin and Orlean out to Chris's Audi A6.

"Can I sit with you?  I wanna sit with you" I slurred. Chris just picked me up.

        Kevin drove,  with me and Chris in the passenger seat and the crew in the back.    I guess we were going to Chris's house,   but I wanted  to eat.

"Can we get food?" 

  "You need to sleep Court." Chris told me sternly. I started crying.

"You never listen to me, ever I just want food. I give you everything and you still don't care." I whined on his shirt. Everyone in the back was laughing.

"What do you want to eat Court. It's 3 in the fucking morning and I'm not going to McDonald's."

I think I went to sleep. When I woke up we were at a little diner.  Chris tried to  put me down but I started crying again until he picked again. 

"How much did you drink?" He whispered.

"4 shots." I yelled.

He pulled me closer to him. "You're  a lightweight." He laughed.

A waitress came to take our order,  and she kept flirting with my boyfriend,  I think.  When she smiled at my man , I kissed him. She stormed away. That's right trailer park trash. I thought as I went to sleep on Chris again. This is my man