iii

shoutout to sandra for a) being the shit and b) her wonderful oc who i am excited to introduce, sadly not in this chapter though. (zephyr you gotta get on that good shit m8 also btw i adore u and u got a cute face and if u ever get a pet hamster u should name him nive). also you guys get to see matty and allison being buddies and tbh i have a lot of fun writing about those two nerds.

so, i've had an idea. i might recreate my main characters in the sims 4 c: which also means i could totally just create this story in the sims. yeah i fucking love sims 4 okay i get it i'm a nerd.

real quick, trigger warnings. there's a handful of homophobic slurs (I DO NOT SUPPORT. BETTER NOT CATCH U CHILDREN USING THESE WORDS OR I'LL GO DAD ON UR ASSES). also, matt does get slapped real quick by arthur. i'll signal where it is if you need to skip over it. <3 x

enough talking, let's get started.

"i can't exist within my own head / so i insist on haunting your bed / if you could only hear what i said / you'd see i'm not scared"

i burst into the house, ignoring arthur sitting at the table. he's home sooner than expected, but i don't dwell on it. instead, i grab a shit ton of snacks and two cans of soda, and begin to gravitate towards my bedroom door.

"maria, get your ass-" arthur begins.

i cut him off. "thousanth damn time. it's matthew. and leave me the hell alone, not fucking around tonight."

(hey if you want to skip over the homophobic slurs and the part where arthur hits matt, just skip to the next part where you see bold words. i love you <3)

arthur bursts out of his chair abruptly, causing it to fall. "the hell you think you are, faggot?"

"not your daughter. and i'm not your son, either. i don't have time for this."

the guy can't take a damn hint. he heads in my direction and stops when he's about a foot in front of me. "you don't talk like that to me, bitch."

i shrug. "you're right. door's right there, get the hell out and i won't ever need to talk to you again."

next thing i know, his palm connects with my face. i lift my hand to touch it.

to be honest, i had that coming. arthur yells, but he doesn't hit, really. which means i was seriously pushing it, even for me.

"five star parenting," i spit, then retreat into my room, slamming and locking the door behind me.

(okay you're good. it's mentioned a bit more real quick but the part where it happens is over.)

what a great way to come home. honestly, him hitting me hardly affects me. he rarely does, maybe once every...three months? four months? he doesn't hit me hard, either. i know he just does it because he's hot headed and i get him fed up when i act like too much of an ass. 

i turn on my tv, then sit on my bed. when i sit, i hear a crunching noise, and get back up.

under where my ass was is a piece of paper. "pack your bag for tomorrow, maria. -mom"

"whatever, asshats," i whisper, crush the note into a ball, and throw it across the room. 

allison asked me to facetime her earlier. i'm gonna do that.

calling: all-ass-on💙🖕...

connecting...

she grins. "hey, matty."