detailed summary

hey guys, it's evin here! i'm aware that not only am i very inactive on wattpad, publishing wise, but also, all my stories up until now have been fanfiction. some of you may have noticed that a lot of my stories are gone. i unpublished a lot of them, since they were a few chapters long, all of them, and...well...they sucked. recycled plots, cringey emo fanfic. i wanna do something original and coming of age.

so, here it is! camp saga, my first original story. the name sorta sucks and i might rename it if either i or one of you can think of something better.

if i'm being completely honest, i got the idea for this from a tumblr post that fantasizes about an lgbt support summer camp disguised as a correction summer camp. i thought, "dude, that would make a wonderful story". at first i just imagined it was me, but then i thought, "no, this needs to be a legitimate work of fiction, not one of your shitty google docs, evin." so here i am. i have the main character mostly figured out, and in this chapter i will introduce you to him as well as kinda explain the story. reason being...i'm too lazy to copy the chapter into wattpad tonight. i know, i suck.

off topic, but i'm listening to loving someone live from the O2 and matty healy's speech is the most beautiful thing, i make it a point to listen to it at least once a week. i know, i'm a nerd and a fanboy and a sappy little shit.

so, the main character. his name is matthew ryan lawder, his deadname was maria rachel lawder. he lives with his mom, his stepdad arthur, and his half brother leo, in boston. he was born in nyc, which is where his bio dad lives. he has an older sister, carolina, who moved out and starts college in maine in the fall.

here's some background info that won't necessarily be mentioned explicitly, but i wrote down while going through his character development.

matt was born on dec. 28, 2002. he weighs around 130 lbs. and is 5'7" he has greenish-gray eyes, and naturally brown hair. he has dyed the hair on the top of his hair pink. for an example, look up noah grossman's neopolitan haircut, but it's without the blond on the side and it's messy. he's got a birthmark on his belly, a scar through a fraction of his eyebrow, acne (mostly on his chin). he has a broken pupil. also, on the side of his middle finger, he's given himself a stick-and-poke tattoo which is just a little ufo. i advise not to perform stick and poke, guys, bc it's got a lot of complications behind it and you'll probably hurt yourself. matt needs glasses but he forgets them a lot.

his taste in music is very chill. the 1975, bad suns, and eden, mostly. a bit of damce gavin dance, and he likes pop punk such as the story so far, mayday parade, and knuckle puck (speaking of knuckle puck, i'm learning untitled on the acoustic guitar and it's so pretty)

he has a habit to say thank you a lot, and he also tends to bounce his leg nervously, pick at the skin next to his nails, grind his teeth, and he curses a lot (ooh bad boi). he has claustrophobia, and his shoe size is a 6.5 in mens. he wants to be a photographer.

this information isn't central to the plot but i always find it cool to know random things about a character. makes you feel as if you know them.

so, pretty much, summer just started and he starts sophomore year in the fall. he has a job at the mall working at vans, and is content with just focusing on that all summer, when one morning his mom sits him down and explains that the following day, he's going to a summer camp where they "help kids like him get rid of these gender and sexuality feelings". but, really, it's an lgbt support summer camp. it's disguised as a correction camp.

i'm still trying to figure out what the main conflict will be, but seeing as the first few chapters would just be introduction, i can start you guys with that. if you have any ideas, let me know c:

in the description, it says there are mentions of suicide. what this means is, a few months before the story starts, matt's best friend commits suicide and it is brought up every once in a while. i will give a warning whenever that happens, please stay safe and if any of you ever need help don't hesitate to message me, or pm me on pinterest (my username is elysian.illusion). i'll probably respond sooner if you do it through pinterest, but i will respond asap no matter what.

i also do want romance in this, but i'm not sure how to approach it. i'm fine with this being interactive, so if you guys have suggestions, please comment them! c:

anywho. i have a preview in my conversations tab on my profile of the end of the first chapter, but the actual first chapter won't be up until tomorrow. i have it written on paper, but i don't feel like typing it up right now, seeing as it's 3:34 am where i live right now and i need to be up by, like, 10.

yeah. enjoy the story, hope you guys are as excited as i am! have been thinking abt this for around a month now. i'm super happy to be able to put a legit story out there.

also, about the picture, that's kinda how i picture matt, just a bit more tanned, the blue hair is pink, he doesn't have the nose piercing, and his eyes are more greenish.

okay, guys, i'll be updating soon! love you nerds!

-evin <3