Benny smiled with his pearly teeth. "Well, how do you feel about playing baseball with us?" He suggested, making  Josie raise a brow in interest as most of the boys nodded excitedly.

"What?! Benny, she's a girl. A girl has never played with us before!" Ham blurted out. The boys groaned in annoyance and Josie clenched her jaw, trying to keep her temper under control.

"God, Ham! She can keep up with us, in case you haven't noticed! Just get over it already!" Benny barked, making the Appleton siblings nod in appreciation as Ham stayed silent. He crossed his arms, grumbling a 'fine'.

Josie laughed, walking over to Ham and patted him on the back. "It's okay to admit that I'm better than you, sweetie." She winked, smirking a devilish smirk. The boys howled with laughter and clapped their hands as Ham blushed and glared at her.

"In your dreams, Appleton!"

◇◇◇

"Okay now, wanna steal something?" Josie asked, the sandlot boys following her and her siblings as they walked through town to search for food. Their eyes widened as Tulip rolled her eyes and James grinned, liking the idea.

"Josie, no."

"Yes!"

"JOSIE, NO!" Tulip screamed as she saw Josie heading for a small stand selling some muffins and cookies. Tulip ran after her and caught her by the arm, yanking her away as the older sister groaned, going limp in boredom. "We are not going to be fucked up delinquents like you. And stop leaving bad examples for those poor boys."

"You've got to be the most boring person I've ever met, Lip."

"Fuck you, dude." The boys eyes widened, hearing the vulgar words as Josie blew a raspberry at her younger who was raising her hand to slap Josie as they all still walked. But she was distracted by her sister's shitty attitude, so she didn't notice the girl with short black hair and a black choker coming straight for them.

They both let out groans as they collided in a painful thud, both stumbling back while rubbing their heads. But the pale skinned girl recovered quicker and widened her eyes, seeing the audience. She stuffed her hands back into her short jean pockets and sped away, ducking her head down to ignore the stares. But the glimpse that Tulip caught of her sent her brown eyes wandering after her quick retreating figure.

"Uh, who was... that?" She asked as Josie and James looked in the glass windows of a fancy bakery, most likely plotting how to steal something.

"Oh, the lesbo freak? Yeah, that's Rory Argent or whatever her name is." Squints shrugged. Tulip furrowed her brows, looking a taken back from his rude answer.

"Yeah-yeah, she's been caught staring at ALL the girls in school, staring at them in the locker rooms." Yeah-yeah said, struggling to keep up with Tulip.

"How the hell would you know that she was staring at them in the locker rooms?" Benny smirked, amused by Yeah-yeah's own outing. The boy widened his eyes and shook his head frantically.

"U-uh, y-ya know! She probably was! Y'know, being a lesbo and all!" The boys cackled, slapping him on the back, but Tulip wasn't amused. She was still thinking about how rude they were talking about her, almost like they were judging her for maybe liking girls.

The beautiful girl stuffed her hands in her pockets and sped off so fast that the boys couldn't keep up with her, and that made Josie and James worried.