Chapter 4 *Angel*

Two days earlier...

    It was weird.  I was sitting on my balcony in New York, when suddenly I had an urge to go back to school.  And I could not shake it off.  I haven't been to school in almost twenty years.

    "Hello?"  A voice chirped on the other end.

    I pressed my phone to my ear, and cleared my throat, "Uriel?"

    There was a moment of silence.  "Loquenti nomine meo angelico?"  (Who speaks my angelic name?)

    I smirked.  "Donec Azrael filia?"  (Are you Azrael's daughter?)

    Her next answer was hesitant.  "Yes," then she paused, "Amicus es eius?"  (Are you a friend of his?)

    I laughed, the last time I saw Uriel, she was seven.  "Sed Samual."  (It's Samual.)

    There was a sigh.  "I'm in South Carolina, Samual.  Just hurry."

    And she hung up.

    Azrael taught her well.

ÃÃÃÃÃÃ

    I climbed out of my taxi, handed the driver his twenty, then slammed the door.

    Finding Uriel wasn't hard,  It wasn't suppose to be, her whole purpose in life was to make herself visible to other angels.

    She's taking residence in Turtle Beach, South Carolina.  The name wanted to make me gag, but I needed a place to stay.  Plus, her house over looked the ocean.

    I climbed up the front steps and knocked on the screen door.  There was jazz music floating through the house from the upstairs bedroom on the far right,

    My sensitive ears also caught the sound of someone breathing,..

    I spun around to see a woman standing behind me on the top step of the stairs.

    I smiled, and crossed my arms.  "Uriel, you're a beautiful young lady now."

    I almost didn't recognize her.  She was almost as tall as me at probably five foot ten.  Her hair was shoulder length, brunette, and crazy curly.  Her skin was very tan, almost an olive.  Her eyes green, almost cat-like.  She was beautiful, in an other worldly way.  However, what gave her away was the star shaped birthmark on her right temple that every angelic offspring bares.

    "So you're the all too famous Samual," she tsked under her breath, and brushed past me into the house.

    I followed her, and she led me to an open kitchen.  One whole side was glass, overlooking the ocean.

    "You don't remember me?"  I asked, sitting down at the small dining table.

    "Nope.  I never remember any of my father's ex-cohorts," she walked over to the window-wall and pulled the ginormous curtain, adorning the windows, closed.

    "So what did Azrael say about me?"  I smirked, leaning back in my chair.

    Uriel opened the fridge.  "He said I always had to welcome you into my home and offer aid, but I never have to like you."

    I watched as she poured some sweet tea into a glass.  When she leaned against the fridge, her lips on the rim of her glass, I stood up.

    "Why do you hate me?" I questioned, truly curious.  The last time I saw her, she was just tagging along with Azrael on a business trip, and I ran into them on one of my vacations.