Explanations

"What do you mean Egos?" Phil questioned, the male was sat on a chair and was highly confused with what the three men were telling him and his friend. Yes maybe the last day or two was a blur but he was probably just out of sorts, this just has to be some sort of joke or prank and someone with a camera would come strolling out soon enough. 

"Look, this is going to be a lot to take in so I want you to try and understand that what we're saying is completely confidential." Mark said, he looked at both British men and waited for their response. He knew Dan was not buying it and Phil looked confused already, it was going to be difficult to convince either of them to believe him. 

Dan just looked at Mark before speaking, "Go on, I guess." Phil nodded and Mark took a deep breath in before starting.

"Egos have been around a long time, ever since YouTube was created actually. They have just been waiting for the right carrier to control in a sense." Mark brushed a hand through his hair looking at them, he looked to Matt or Ethan to continue. Ethan decided to pipe in.

"They are like an alternate personality, but with powers and ability to come out whenever they like, especially with newbies who have egos. Like you two!" He pointed to the males, both flinching as Ethan pointed at them.

"I realized you two had egos when I saw you at the convention, I met them actually. They just haven't possessed you yet as they've decided to wait until you can handle them mentally." Mark tried to keep an eye on the males, he was glad both of them weren't being too outrageous at him. Unfortunately Dan had other plans.

Dan stood up."This is a joke right? You just took us home from the convention and wanted to just have a joke with us, right?" He looked at the other men when Thomas arrived back in with cups of tea.

"Hey, anyone want tea?" Thomas said looking at the men before they all looked at him, "Wrong time?" They nodded and Thomas awkwardly shimmied out of the room into the kitchen. He'd get that tea to them later.

"I swear it's not Dan, just listen to us." Mat said standing up, putting a shoulder on the male. "You're like us, we want to help you so things don't get out of hand." 

"I'm sorry, but this has to be a joke! I don't have no ego or alternate personality. I'm just a regular guy who does videos with his best friend!" Dan said looking at them. "Look, can you just stop with this joke?" He sighed. 

Phil sat there, awkwardly messing with his sleeves. He looked at Ethan, the boy was in the same situation and just offered him a smile. Phil did think this was all ridiculous, and was very absurd but he didn't want to be rude. Especially not in the living ray of sunshine Thomas Sanders' home, but he had to say something.

"So is it a prank?" Phil asked standing up and walking to Dan. Mark and Mat exchanged looks and then decided to try something out and prove a point to the two males.

"Do you want proof Egos exist? I can show you mine." Mark said looking at the males. Dan shrugged and said "Sure." He believed the male was lying but wanted to see what he'd try to pull off.

Mark focused and relaxed his mind. "Dark, for once I actually need your help." He muttered "If you do this I'll..." He paused and sighed, "Let you talk to Amy." He carried on. Then as if on que he felt himself being pulled back and put in a seat in his mind. He watched as Dark took control and looked at Dan and Phil.

"Good evening gentlemen." Dark said, Dan raised his brow and Phil hid behind Dan. So the rumors were true, Phil Lester was a superstitious man. This could help, Dark thought.  

"Good evening?" Dan said. "Mark you've already said your greetings. Now can you please stop with this charade? Phil and I are going to leave due to this absurd joke." He snarled grabbing Phil by the arm. "Let's go." He whispered to Phil who showed an apologetic smile before being dragged towards the door.