Chapter 2

Roseland River's *POV* (new pic above (let me know which version you like better))

After a couple month of working at my new job for the library and hanging out with Talia, she bursts into my apartment.

"I thought we talked about gently opening the door. You broke the last one by throwing it open." I call to her from my couch.

"Shut up." She says deadpan. "I came over with exciting news!"

"Oh... really?" I ask skeptically. Last time there was 'exciting news' one of her pack members had found a mate.

"Yes!!!!! And you have no idea how hard it was getting you in."

"IN? IN? In to where?" I demand.

"The king's party!" She squeals.

"Ha-Ha. I'm not going to that. You know how nervous I can get around other wolves." She frowns at that.

"Yeah. and that's why this would be a good experience for you. Other humans will be there. AND there are guards to make sure there is no fighting!" I sigh and quickly go over the pros and cons, knowing it would crush Talia if I refused to go.

"Fine," I say admitting defeat.

"YES!" She screams. "Ok, but first I need to get you a dress." I look at her like she is crazy, cause I mean c'mon... "It is not like a house party Rosie! It is, as you would say 'Fancy'"

"Ok...so when do we go?" I say looking at her.

"Um...now?" she says sheepishly. I open my mouth to protest but she beats me to it, "I had already made an appointment as a fail-proof, so if you said no... I could guilt-trip you into coming!" She says the last part in a rush.

"You made an appointment for both of us?" I ask, she nods her head. "Gotta hand it to you Tally... pretty smart move," I say grudgingly. She smiles brightly back at me.

"Ok then! Let's gooooo!!!!!!!!" She jumps off, pulling me with her. "But first you have to get cleaned up... it is kind of an upscale boutique thing...sooo"

"It's ok Tally... you aren't hurting my feelings. I understand. I didn't plan on going in my pj's" She blushes as I get up. Just give me 5 minutes. ok?" She nods in response.

- An hour later-

"Can we please stop? It seems like we have been here forever!"

"Oh my god! Tally, you are so impatient! You are the one who wanted to come here!" She spins in her golden dress.

"I know... but choosing is so hard!" She whines.

"You act like a 3-year-old," I mumble.

"I think...I think I found the one! Oh..and I heard that! Wolf hearing and all." I walk over to where she is and see the dress.

"Wow." and it is a wow dress. A white ball gown with golden beads put on in designs.

"Now! You go find one!" She says as she takes the dress over to the dressing rooms.

"Haha yeah ok." Even though I doubt I will find anything that fits me. Not that I'm too skinny or carry weight. I'm pretty average in fact...for humans. Talia had brought me to a werewolf-ish boutique. Werewolves are usually more heavy set then humans. Like muscle-y.

I walk through the racks rubbing against the dresses so I would smell like I had actually looked when I go back to Tally. I roam through rack after rack, barely glancing at the dresses, until I see one that stops me. "Please fit" I murmured aloud.  I rip it off the rack and run to a changing room. I carefully put the dress on and am ecstatic when it fits perfectly. I turn to look in the mirror but stop myself. 'What if I look awful in it? I don't want to not want the dress!' I sigh and start to take the dress off.

"Don't you dare take that dress off!" I hear Tally scream. "That's right! I can hear you! Now get your butt out here or I am coming in!" She yells.

"OK, jeez! no need to yell!" I say back, re-lacing the back as I step out of the changing room.

"Oh. My. God. I don't care what the price is! You have to get that! I will buy it for you!" I blush at the attention from the store clerks that she brought to me.

"What about your dress?"

"Already got it. Now come on! Go get changed and don't you dare try to hide it!"

I quickly went into the changing room glancing at myself in the mirror, suddenly elated at the fact I didn't look like human trash in the wolfs' dress.

As we drive back to my apartment Tally talks about the ball. And lectures me on how to behave...

"You don't have to talk to anyone. But if someone approaches you have to deny their company respectfully. ok?" I nod my head in agreement. "You have to be extra nice to the guards or else you could get kicked out."

"Hold on... you act like I want to burn the place down!"

"I mean...." She starts but I hit her arm playfully.

"Shut up oh my god! So when is this thing anyway?"

"Next week... On Friday. It starts at 7 o'clock-ish. But I will come and pick you up ok?"

"Yeah ok," I reply pulling up to her house. "Don't forget your dress." I remind her as she gets out. Then I drive myself home. I carefully put my dress away, promising myself I wouldn't put it on until Friday. Then I get ready for my daily run.

I decide to take a longer route since I had more to think about than usual. So I take the trail into the woods, liking the scent of pine and the dirt mixing together while I listen to my pounding music. It quickly becomes dark out and begins to rain. I smile to myself and I make the decision to run more since the rain helped to cool me down. I run along the trail, taking the paths that will eventually circle me back to the apartment. When I finally come out of the woods I'm startled by two things; one being that it is raining a lot harder than I thought, and two? it's a blood moon. My heart leaps from my chest and I get queasy. I had missed the warning... the one their precious moon goddess gave. The rain felt like nature weeping for the loss of yet another one of her children. I slide my shoes off knowing I run faster barefoot, ever since I was little. I loop the laces to a tree, where I will remember to get them tomorrow, and then I run. My feet pound hard against the pavement of the sidewalk, making my feet slightly burn. I anticipate the corners more than I would have if it was a normal run. I hope, no pray that no one will try to stop me, to see if 'something is wrong' or if 'everything is alright'. I finally reach my apartment and climb up the tree that reaches my window. I wouldn't want to risk bumping into one of my wolf neighbors. I slide my window open and jump inside. My heart beating like I would never have thought. I swallow the lump in my throat, calm my heart, then take my shower. The only way to get over it, was to pass it like it never happened.