~Luna's POV~

I woke to the sun's blinding rays slanting through my drawn black curtains and groaned as I shielded my face from the light, Shigure had snuck into my room again in the middle of the night to pull back my curtains, one of his scare tactics to get me to leave my room. There was a small vase on my bedside table with a small bouquet of handpicked wildflowers and a note.

'Luna, Please join me for breakfast this morning, I'd very much love to see your beautiful face and your heartwarming smile, and it's been years since I've heard your angelic voice, please come down for breakfast. With love, Shigure.' He signed it with his name and a paw print.

He was being cruel, like usual, feeding me false compliments, trying to get me to let my guard down. Why did he do this? Why did he try to give me false hope? I knew I was a disgrace, why would he dare try to convince me otherwise? I crawled from my bed and my long snow-white hair fell in my face as if out of habit, I'd grown accustomed to hiding my face from the world. I slipped into a pair of shorts and a simple tank top before slinking into the hall. Strong arms encircled me from behind as I stepped into the hall causing me to yelp. I attempted to fight off my captor to no avail, they were too strong.

"Good morning Luna, you look as beautiful as ever." Shigure beamed as he held me tightly in his arms, he was being cruel again, feeding me false hope, whispering lies into my ears like poison.

I glared and shoved out of his arms and stormed down stairs, I knew leaving my room had been a terrible idea. A run through the forest would clear my head; I stepped onto the porch and froze as I spotted a pretty girl with long brown hair and two blue bows wearing a uniform from Yuki's school. She was leaning over Shigure's rock paintings of the Zodiac staring at them in awe. Shigure popped up behind me and captured me in his arms once more before his gaze fell on the newcomer.

"Do my eyes deceive me or is there a strange girl standing on my front porch?" Shigure chuckled.

The girl jumped, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to barge in without asking permission I was just looking at these." She indicated the stone paintings. Her eyes fell on me and she stared for a moment. My body went rigid, I shouldn't be out in public, I was a disgrace to all humanity, cursed and defiled.

"Hard to believe these silly things could capture you attention." Shigure drew the attention back to him.

"No, they're not silly at all, but I should have known, you forgot the cat and the wolf." She said somewhat sadly.

I stared at her in awe, she said the wolf; no one ever cared about the wolf. Shigure smiled beside me, "Ah, your referring to the old folklore?"

"Yes, my mother used to tell me about them when I was a child." The girl smiled, "I said I'd stop belonging to the year of the dog and join the year of the cat or the wolf instead because I felt so sorry for them."

Was she serious? Who was this strange girl? "Year of the dog." Shigure smiled, "I knew there was something I liked about you aside from your obvious cute-." Yuki arrived and hit him over the head with his school bag. I cringed, it sounded heavy, and that had to hurt.

"Don't mind my cousin, Miss Honda, he's a total flirt, but he's harmless."

"Yuki Sohma!" She gasped.

"Ah so you're one of Yuki's classmates?" Shigure beamed, "Let's start over, I'm Shigure, Yuki's older and much less violent cousin, this here is Luna, she's not much of a conversationalist." He amended for me.