/Part 38\

Daniels pov:

It was quiet when I walked into the room. Zach was scrolling through his phone, and Chloe...

She was curled up in a tight little ball, wearing my sweatshirt and joggers. I didn't know why seeing her in my clothes made my head spin, but it did. I sat the bag of stuff down on the counter and Zach looked up.

"Is she asleep?" I whispered.

Zach nodded. I nodded back. I grabbed the ibuprofen and and thermometer. I walked over to her and crouched by her face. Slowly, I put the thermometer in her mouth and waited for it to beep.

It did.

She was running a fever of 101 degrees. I frowned and kissed her forehead, then stood up and got a glass of water.

I gently shook her and she stirred. "Husband?" She grumbled.

I smiled, "Yes. Can you swallow these two pills for me?"

"What are they?"

"Ibuprofen."

She nodded and took the glass of water, then swallowed the two ibuprofen.

She sat the glass of water down on the table and coughed.

"My throat hurts so fucking bad."

"Don't worry, I got throat drops."

She giggled and rolled over.
"Come cuddle me."

"Im starting to like this version of you." I muttered to myself, with a chuckle.

She smiled softly and curled back into a ball. I stood up and grabbed some clothes to change into, then walked into the bathroom and changed. When I came back out Chloe was jumping from bed-to-bed and giggling, as Zach watched her patiently. I crossed my arms and watched.

"Are you done yet? You were sleeping just a minute ago." Zach said.

"One-" Jump "More-" jump "Time-" BANG

I uncrossed my arms and ran over. Chloe had fell and hit the side of her head on the bedside table. I grabbed the side of her head with one hand, and held her up with other. Chloe giggled "what happened?"

I sighed.
"You hit your head, crazy lady."

She laughed.

I put my hand over the cut and turned to Zach. "Call Christina, see if she's up."

"Why Christina?"

"Because she always carries  band-aids with her."

He nodded and dialed her number on his phone. I sat down and pulled chloe onto my lap, she laid her head over on my chest. Chloe closed her eyes and I took a deep breath in through my nose, then out through my mouth. It had undeniably been a long day, but it was all worth it.

"Okay...Yah...Okay...Thanks Christina...Okay Bye."

Zach hung up his phone and turned to me. "She said to come on over, their all up talking."

I nodded and stood up with Chloe in my arms. She didn't budge. I chuckled and whispered to Zach as he held the door open for me, "I think she's asleep again."

"Has the cut stopped bleeding?" He asked.

I shook my head back and forth slightly. "Nah."

Zach knocked on the door and placed his hand on Chloe's forehead. "Poor baby. But it's karma for calling me Jacob."

"Y'know...she's wearing my sweatshirt...but she's not told her friends that we'll be together till the end...What do you suppose I do?"

Zach's cheeks flushed red.
"Daniel!"

I laughed.
"Shhhhhhhhh!"

The door swung open and Tates body appeared in the doorway.
"Come  on in gu-"

"SHHHHH!" I interrupted. She looked at me sideways and I nodded down to chloe.

"Ohhhh. Awe. Okay come in. Geez." She whispered.

I walked in with Zach trailing behind me. Christina and Corbyn were sat on one bed, legs Indian style, talking quietly, leaning into each other.

Corbyn noticed us first.
"CHLOE MY-"

"SHHHHHHHH!"

"chloe my friend!" Corbyn whispered.

Chloe stirred.

"Good job, Besson." I muttered.

Jonah moved to the edge of the other bed, and Tate came and sat beside him. Christina hopped up immediately and ran to the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and Chloe started to sit up. When she opened her eyes, they were staring straight at me.

"Tristan?"

I felt every muscle inside my body clench. I felt rage burn in my chest at a simple mention of his name. I felt my hands ball into firsts in a matter of two seconds. I wanted to punch a wall, and I really wanted the wall to be his face. I took a deep breath in.

"No. Im not Tristan."

"B-But...but....I miss Tristan."

"No you don't." I told myself more then her.

She was quiet, looking into my eyes. "No I don't. I don't like being hit. It hurt."

The rage built. Chloe never said he hit her. Tate's eyes widened. Jonah's hands clenched into fists. Corbyns mouth dropped open slightly for a few seconds. Zach blinked rapidly.  I looked away from her eyes.  Chloe giggled.

"Who am I?"

I looked back into her now-green eyes. "You. You are Chloe Alexandria Paetyn-Grace Black. The girl who I met in a unconventional place, at the wrong time for me. I fell hard for Chloe Alexandria Paetyn-Grace Black. I was always around her, even when she didn't want me to be. oh, she was so beautiful when I first met her. And then the next morning I saw her without makeup, and she was flawed just like every other person but she was gorgeous. But I didn't say anything because I know makeup makes her happy. And something I say isn't gonna change her mind. She's stubborn as a mule and she holds her ground. Just another thing I love about her. She can make it on her own...and I'm not sure if she needs me around but I need her in my life. She's got a hold on me. Just her presence, just the fact that she breaths air is enough for me to have a great day."

As I talked to Chloe, Christina cleaned up her cut and put a bandage on it.

I finished and she blinked.

"I want someone to love me the way you love Chloe." Chloe said.

I smiled.
"Somebody will."

She nodded.
"I hope...I hope they don't like to hit me...or drink stuff that makes them angry....I hope the love me for real. Real me."

My heart hurt for her. Was that normal? When she talked about how she was treated, i felt pain for her.

Corbyn placed a hand on her forehead. "Dude. What's her fever?"

"It was 101 but I guess I should check again. Incase she's not super super sick." I said.

Jonah nodded.
"Probably so. I'd hate for her to come down with something bad."

"Me too." I sighed.

I stood up and took chloe with me. We said bye to everyone, and thanked Christina. Me and Zach walked back to our room in silence, because chloe had snuggled into my chest and closed her eyes.

A/N

Guys Idek why the long boring chapter. I've just been writing on the same thing for a while now. I dunno? Does it suck? I feel like this book is kinda a flop. But thank you for reading it. Your important and I love you.

-Gracie