7 Minutes in Heaven (Part 2)

Y'all have been getting on my a s s for two years about posting a part 2, so here you go. You might want to read part 1 before you read this.

Probably not the ending you were looking for. Oh, well.

Thanks for still reading my book and interacting with me <3

You guys are awesome.

Word Count: 1,807

Warnings: swearing because i have decided i no longer give a hoot

Summary: Just moments after Tate ran out of Ethan's car and into his house, his mother asks what happened.

That hurt a lot more than he thought it was going to.

Tate collapsed on his bed and ran his fingers through his hair, tugging a little to try and clear his head some more. He sighed quietly and looked up at the ceiling.

Fuck.

Tate loudly groaned and turned over to shove his head under his pillow. Before he could let out another frustrated, heartbroken, most likely pathetic sound, his bedroom door opened.

"How was the party?"

Tate groaned again, this time louder and with a little more feeling.

His mom stepped into his room and closed the door behind her.

"That bad, huh?"

"That bad," Tate muttered under his pillow.

"Can you get your head out from under there so I can actually see and hear you?"

Tate sighed once more (probably going for a record at this point) before lifting his head up and glaring at his mom.

"It's nothing."

"Yeah, sure," she said, walking over to his bed and sitting down on the edge, "because you normally make a habit of running into the house without closing the front door or saying hello to me and Alex."

"Nothin' personal, Mom." He folded his arms and looked down at the floor. "Just not in the mood to talk right now."

"Alright." His mother nodded and patted him on the leg before getting up from the bed. "Well, Alex and I are almost done cooking dinner, and we're going to watch a movie while we eat. So if you decide you want to join us, I'm sure there's enough food for you, too."

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind." He glanced up to give her a small smile.

His mom smiled back and walked over to the door, tugging it open. Before she left, she looked back at him with a slightly bigger smile.

"Alex is making a new vegetarian dish they found online and so far it's looking pretty delicious."

"Just tell them not to burn it and I might come out and join," Tate said with a laugh.

His mother chuckled before closing the door behind her. After she was gone, Tate fell back onto his bed and put his pillow over his head again. Damn his mom and her ability to get him to want to talk about personal things. And especially damn his sibling for making such good food all the time.

Tate removed the pillow and blinked up at the ceiling. He slowly let out a breath. He hadn't eaten since the morning before the party, too anxious to even try it. His stomach made a sad, hungry noise just thinking about the food Alex was making. Tate turned his head and looked over at his bedroom door, where he could hear his mom and Alex laughing and arguing over what to watch on TV.