Pastor's Son

This took 10 minutes and I made it up when I was bored at work so enjoy. I have another one shot almost finished so that should be up in about 30 minutes or late next month who knows. 

Word Count: 265

Warnings: Deborah being a homophobic piece of garbage. 

Summary: Pastor Jim knows the Bible better than Deborah. 

longish note at end bc when is there not

also the amount of times I misspelled deborah in this one shot makes me want to cry

"Doesn't that bother you?"

Pastor Jim glanced up at the older woman who stood beside him. He followed her gaze to where his son sat at a table, his arm slung around his boyfriend as he talked to another couple.

"Does what bother me, Deborah?"

The older lady sneered as the pastor's son smiled down at his boyfriend and kissed his forehead. "That."

"No, it does not," Pastor Jim stated firmly. "Does it bother you?"

"Yes," Deborah said, almost as firmly as Pastor Jim.  "It's disgusting."

"'Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.' Matthew 7," the pastor reminded her.

"But the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong."

Pastor Jim sighed and shook his head. "The Bible also says that wearing mixed fabrics is wrong. Yet here we are."

Deborah scoffed. "It doesn't say that."

"Leviticus 19:19."

Silence. 

"That's about clothing. This," she said, gesturing wildly at the couple, "is about -"

"Love?" Pastor Jim interrupted, eyebrows raised. "Commitment? Consensual, healthy, caring relationships? Sorry, I think I missed your point."

The woman sputtered for a second before standing up taller and lifting her head. "God still isn't okay with-"

"Since when do you speak for God?"

She was silent again, this time turning red from either anger or humiliation. 

"1 Peter 4:8," Pastor Jim said, turning his gaze over to watch his son and his boyfriend in deep conversation. "'Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.'"

The pastor felt the presence of the woman slowly move away, and he smiled.

so hey yeah hi

haven't talked to y'all since my birthday lol

it was fun

good times

i'm 15 now oof

anyway yesterday i got a pretty bad haircut (so different from what i asked for it's insane) so that sucks

but tomorrow i'm getting it bleached so

i might post pics if you guys want me to

one of my 'friends' is being a jerk but that's not new

comment all the hair colors and/or styles you've had!

love you guys

-noah

hey and i made a friend also named noah so in my contacts he's noah 2.0 and in his contacts i'm noah 2.0

yay