21 | Let's Get Lit

Instead of the usual smiling Jack Anderson opening his front door for a rehearsal, Hannalynn was greeted by Malcolm.

"Hey," he gave her a small smile.

"Hi?" Hannalynn raised an eyebrow in question. "Where's Jack?"

"He's downstairs, and he told me to get the door, but I don't know why," Malcolm explained before stepping back and letting Hannalynn in. The two headed down the stairs and saw the others hard at work. Hannalynn greeted them before getting to work herself, thinking about how she would confront Jack about the night before and how she had to tell him everything.

Once the other three went upstairs after a while to get food, Hannalynn decided to confront Jack. She took a deep breath and sat next to him. "Hey." Jack nodded in her direction as he continued to play his guitar.

"Can I talk to you, please?" Hannalynn began. "It's important."

"What, is it about Finn?" Jack snapped as he looked at her with an angered look.

Hannalynn felt her heart jump in her chest. "How did you know?"

"I showed up to your house yesterday for our anniversary, and Tyler told me where you were and took me there and I saw you two having the time of your lives," Jack explained, the angry look never leaving his face.

"Jack—" Hannalynn tried, but he interrupted her.

"No, Hanna," Jack cut her off. "I should have known, I should have seen this coming. It's always Finn, isn't it? He's the reason this band even gets attention! And I should have suspected all this when you agreed to film Sonora with him after he invited you. I can't believe I was so blind and stupid."

"Jack, please," she tried to take his hand as he stood up, but he shook her off.

"After you joined this band is when everything started getting dramatic, this is your fault," Jack yelled. He then placed his guitar on the couch before saying coldly, "We're over, and I don't want to see you." He then ran up the stairs past the other three, who were standing there listening the whole time.

Hannalynn didn't realize she was in tears until she saw the others. She wiped her eyes and dripping makeup before saying, "I guess I totally deserved all that." She then packed up her instrument and walked out of the house and to the nearest corner, where she waited for her brother to come pick her up.

"Han?" She turned her head in the direction of a voice to see Finn running towards her.

"Just leave me alone, Wolfhard," she sniffed while wiping her eyes. "I don't need you around when I'm ugly crying."

Finn approached her slowly and stood in front of her as he tilted her head up to face his. He wiped away her dripping mascara before letting out a small laugh, "Yeah, I guess you are ugly crying." Hannalynn slapped his hand as he laughed, and she bit her lip to keep herself from laughing too.

"I'm kidding," Finn wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a hug. "You look nice even when you're crying and dripping makeup everywhere."

"Wow, thanks," Hannalynn laughed as she put her arms around his tall figure. "Okay but don't let go just yet."

"I wasn't going to."

•••

iMESSAGE

CAMP ROCK SPINOFF CREW 🎤🎹🎻

cenz 💜
HI SISTERS !!!