Chapter Two

I stepped out the truck once we reached my new home. A two story house with a basement. It looked nice on both the outside and inside. We had basically a forest for a backyard so that was nice.

"Sage, come help unpack the boxes honey, they've been here for probably twelve hours now." My mother called, trying to break my attention from the towing oak and pine trees.

It was a beautiful town. Small, but a wonderful place to live. Not to mention, it was very peaceful, especially at night during a full moon. It looked like something out of fairytale. That's what the presence of the town felt like as well.

After what seemed like two hours, we had unpacked most of our things. I decided to venture around the house, mostly upstairs.

Empty bedrooms is what was mostly up there. It had a sort of spooky vibe to it in a way, every time I took a step the old wooden floor creaked.

I stepped into a bedroom and looked around, the rooms weren't entirely empty, they had beds in them but there wasn't much other than that.

The room I walked into had a queen sized bed in the left hand corner and a vanity in the right. "Jeez...this house has to be old," I mummered walking up to the vanity "this mirror is completely covered in dust."

I can't describe what it was at the time but it was as if this room was calling to me.

After walking back down the creaky stairs I saw my parents and walked up to them "I figured out what room I want to be mine." I said as I tucked some stray brown hairs behind my ear. "It's the on one the right near the end of the hallway. It's the perfect size to hold all of my stuff."

My mom smiled as she wiped her hands on her jeans "we'll worry about that stuff later. Right now we're going out in the town." I nodded and grabbed my sweatshirt off the chair I had set it on earlier.

It didn't take long to go into town, about fifteen minutes. After stepping out of the truck we began to walk around, there were a couple shops and restaurants, a small cafe, then of course there were the schools, the elementary, the middle school, and the one I would be going to. The high school. I was actually kind of nervous about it, I was only the new girl once before this, and that was back when I was in the fourth grade when we had moved to the area before Crescent Falls. I was going to be a sophomore this year. It's not that I was bad at school, according to all of my teachers and some of my old friends, I was academically brilliant. It was the fear of not fitting in is what was getting to me.

A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. A cheery voice. I looked up and saw where it had come from. A woman about my mom's age came running up to us.

"You must be the new folks. Its wonderful to meet you." My mother smiled "that we are. How could you tell?" The woman laughed lightly "living here for twenty years, you kinda know everyone here." She stuck her hand out "Molly Grace by the way, pleasure to meet you." My mom smiled and shook Molly's hand "nice to meet you as well, I'm Callie Wilen and this is my husband, Dave Wilen." My father smiled and shook Molly's hand as well.

Molly's eyes fell on me "and who might this be?" I stiffened slightly and stared at my feet, twiddling my thumbs. My father laughed lightly "this is our daughter Sage, she's a little awkward when it comes to strangers."

Molly's eyes lot up "oh I didn't think k you would have a daughter close to my girl's age," she turned around and waved someone over "Alexis, come here!"

A girl with medium length, wavy coppery colored hair with bright bluish green eyes walked up. Molly placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled "this is my daughter Alexis. Alexis this is the Wilen family, Callie and Dave. And that there is their daughter Sage, you two look about to be the same age."

Alexis tossed her hair over her shoulder and stuck out her hand, she had a rose quartz around her wrist "nice to meet you Sage."

And as I took her hand to shake it, I swore I felt calmness and tranquility wash over me like a tidal wave and as if a sudden warmth spread throughout my arm.