Chapter 16

The days passed and the next thing Carina knew it was the first snow, and then came December. With the first of December, people were all ready shopping for Christmas: clothes, gifts, food, sweets, mistletoes... whilst with the Weasleys, they were very prepared and didn't need to go through the wars that other witches go to in the shops of Diagon Alley.

They all agreed to have Christmas at the Burrow since Charlie was coming home for the holidays, and Bill and his family was also spending Christmas at theBurrow than in France, and to add to the mix were Andromeda and Teddy, and as well as the Goldsteins. This meant a huge gathering, and a huge feast.

"When does Charlie arrive?" Hermione asked.

"He said a week before Christmas, he wasn't very specific in the letter, he's probably on his way now." Ginny said, "He did say that he was bringing a friend over as well."

"If that friend is a girl, I'm sure Mrs. Weasley would be exstatic to know that her second eldest son finally has a girlfriend and would probably settle down." Maisie grinned.

They entered the Burrow with their bags full of groceries they bought from Diagon Alley for the event that would happen in a week.

"I doubt that Charlie would even think about 'settling down', he's practically married to his work." Ginny chuckled.

"Or maybe he's married to Norberta."

Ginny burst out laughing and so did Maisie and Hermione.

"Merlin, this house is going to be packed." Ginny sighed as she looked around hre childhood home. "I wonder how we're going to fit in."

"Mum did suggest to have the party at the Greenhouse." Maisie said. "She'd gladly set one of the summer or winter sections for the occasion."

"Oh, please, I doubt Mum would even think about buying firewhiskey for the occasion – or even butterbeer." Ginny snorted. "She really needs to see that we're not children anymore and could handle our drinks quite well."

"I'm sure your Mum's just concerned – besides, even I don't want to clean up after a drunken lot." Maisie said.

The three young women settled at the couch and sighed in relief and closed their eyes, they didn't bother to take off their shoes and settled their feet on the table, tired from their battle at the crowded stores of Diagon Alley.

"I hate Diagon Alley at holidays." Ginny grumbled.

"Who knew mothers could turn to monsters scarier than dragons when doing Christmas shopping." Maisie said. "Why does Mrs. Weasley even need this for anyway?"

"Mum doesn't want to do any last minute Christmas shopping, so she asked me to get it before everything runs out."

"I think it's a bit early."

"We'll just put a charm on it so it won't spoil." Ginny waved her hand. "Merlin, do I want to take a long, hot bath right now."

"Had a long day, girls?"

The three of them opened their eyes wide open and snapped their heads up and surprised to hear the person who spoke. Standing by the stairs was the other Weasley they had not seen for a very long time.

"Charlie!" Ginny got up from her seat and went to greet her brother with a hug.

Charlie chuckled and patted his sister at the back as she clung to him. Hermione and Maisie both got up from their seats and went to greet the second eldest Weasley.
Mrs. Weasley had emerged from the kitchen and smiled at the greetings her son had with the three girls.