Chapter 1

Carina sat at the table with a glass of firewhiskey in her hand. She watched as the newly wedded couple had their first dance, and it was a beautiful sight to watch. She never thought she'd see the day when her cousin, the one she despised so much, would get married and have invited her to it – not only her, but also Teddy and Andromeda.

"Having fun?"

Carina turned and saw Blaise take a seat beside her. She smiled at her sudden companion at the table – the other brides' maids have left, leaving her alone.

"I was." Carina smiled as she raised her glass of firewhiskey.

Blaise chuckled.

"Well help yourself for more." Blaise said as he took the bottle of firewhiskey from the table and poured more into her glass. "The Malfoys and Greengrass has plenty of more stored for the event."

"I will." Carina chuckled.

"Who would have thought, huh?" Blaise said.

They watched as Draco handed Astoria to her father, so they could dance. Draco then took his mother's hand and offered her to dance with him. Narcissa left her husband and sister, Andromeda's, side and went with Draco.

"Aye... I never thought that Draco would actually marry someone as kind and gentle as Astoria." Carina agreed.

"Little Astoria..." Blaise chuckled, "She's practically the only thing good in Slytherin during those times..."

"She is..."

Carina saw little Teddy Lupin walk towards the dance floor, he tugged at Astoria's gown, when Astoria saw little Teddy wanting her attention, Astoria chuckled and went to hold Teddy's hands and the two went to a dance.

Carina's mind went back to the day when the Malfoys – Narcissa and Draco – reached out to her and Andromeda, wanting to mend things. It was awkward at first, since Narcissa invited them for some lunch at her home, Carina never liked Malfoy's Manor, not when she had spent months in that place being tortured by the Dark Lord and Bellatrix Lestrange, until now she carried those scars that they left. Narcissa immediately went to the point of wanting to fix her broken relationship with her family – her sister and her cousins and nieces. "I believe it is only right that the few Blacks that remain must... be together... we are the last of our family..." at first Carina did not want any relationship with the Malfoys, but after Andromeda had spoken to her, and after Narcissa personally went to her flat which was in a Muggle building, to talk to her, Carina saw that the Malfoys -- except for Lucius Malfoy – had changed and were sincere of wanting to mend things with them.

Since then, Carina spent time at the Malfoys, but she would only be at the gardens and have tea with Narcissa and Draco. During those times, Carina would receive an apology from Draco for being a "complete arse" – as he told her – to her and her friends. Carina accepted her cousin's apology and made a good relationship with him. In one of those teas in the garden, Astoria had accompanied them, and was introduced as Draco's fiancé.

"I'm not sure if you remember me..." Astoria said.

"How can I not, you're one of the only few Slytherins that I like." Carina said.

She had made a beautiful relationship with Astoria, they would talk endlessly, and when she would bring Teddy to those "tea parties", Astoria was very fond of the toddler, and would often play with him.

When the wedding date neared, Carina was surprised when Astoria had told her the last thing she ever thought to hear.

"I want you to be one of my Bride's Maids." Astoria said.