Chapter 35

Hermione and Carina made no mention of Harry giving Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons for two whole weeks after their suggestion. Harry's detention with Umbridge were finally over; Ron had more Quidditch practices; Carina had spent more time with Roman and Theodore – mostly with Theodore, surprisingly.

"Where's Roman?" Carina asked.

They were at the Black Lake, doing their Ancient Runes homework, but were not taking a break.

"Quidditch practice." Theodore answered.

"Didn't make the team?" Carina asked as she tossed a small nut in her mouth, but missed.

Theodore smiled at the sight of her missing the nut she tossed.

"Nope... Blaise beat me to it." Theodore said.

"Too bad."

Carina tried to toss a nut again, but misses her mouth. Theodore rolled his eyes at Cairna's failed attempt to catch the nut, he moved a bit far from Carina and faced her.

"Let me, you're wasting a perfectly good nut." Theodore said. "Say ahhh."

Carina rolled her eyes and opened her mouth. Theodore tossed a nut in to her mouth perfectly. Carina and Theodore chuckled then continued with their nut-break. Theodore took another and tossed it in the air and catches it with his mouth flawlessly.

"Good catch, you could be a Chaser." Carina smirked.

"And with your aim, you'd be better as a Keeper than a Chaser." Theodore said.

"Too bad Ron's Keeper." Carina shrugged.

"Too bad." Theodore muttered.

"Theodore!"

Turning, Theodore and Carina saw Roman standing at the top still in his Slytheirn Quidditch uniform and his broom in his hand, he had a frown on his face as he looked at Theodore and Carina.

"Practice finished early?" Theodore asked.

"No, Pucey gave us a break, what're you two doing?" Roman asked.

"Ancient Runes homework." Carina answered, "Want to join us?"

"Can't, got practice." Roman said.

"Oh, well, see you later." Carina said.

Theodore raised a brow at Roman as he saw his friend's frown and glare at him. He was about to ask what Roman's problem was, but Roman left to meet Pucey and the team. Theodore sighed and returned his attention to Carina and the lake.

"Have you ever tried swimming in your dog form?" Theodore asked.

"What? No!" Carina laughed.

•†•

Hogsmeade weekend came, and they had finally made Harry agree with being their teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts – well, more like forced him. They were now walking towards the Hog's Head Inn, in their winter robes.

"This is mad. Who'd wanna be taught by me?" Harry said, "I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Look on the bright side, you can't be any worse than old toad face." Ron said.

"Thanks, Ron." Harry said with slight sarcasm. "Who's supposed to be meetin us, then?"

"Just a couple of people." Hermione and Carina answered slightly hinting a lie.

They first hesitated before they opened the door of the inn. They ordered themselves four butterbeers in dirty and dusty bottles. Carina cringed at the sight of the bottles but took a swig. The Inn was slowly filled with students: Neville with Dean, Lavender, Parvati and Padma Patil, Cho Chang and her girlfriends, Luna Lovegood, Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson, Colin and Denis Creevey with Maisie Goldstein, Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbott, then some Hufflepuff and Ravenclaws they have not met, then there was Anthony Goldstein, Michael Corner, Terry Boot, Ginny, Fred, George and Lee Jordan, and the last, Roman.