Chapter 25

Dear Carina,

Just last night, Dumbledore came to our house! It was insane, he and Mum and Dad spoke at the living room, they thought I was at bed, though I'm sure Dumbledore knew I was listening, so he placed a spell around them so I wouldn't hear, but when he was about to leave, I heard Dumbledore mention about 'meeting the others' – do you know anything about this? Reckon it's about You-Know-Who coming back?

Write back. I haven't heard much from you for the past few days. I was hoping I could come over there – if it's okay – and maybe talk about what happened at the Platform?

Roman

Carina hid the letter in to her small chest after reading it for the fifth time that day. She hasn't written a reply yet, she wasn't quite sure what to tell Roman. She just can't tell Roman through the letter 'I've been good. My dad's back, but he's often a dog at day, but human by morning, how about you, how are you? And you're the best friend I have!' No! It could be intercepted and Sirius could get in trouble, and it would just be wrong if they talked about what happened in the Platform through letters.

"Carina! Its dinner, come on!" Charity called from downstairs.

"Coming!"

Carina ran down the stairs of her room and slid on the railing of stairs, then came found her father just in time in his human form, and then –

"Ah, good evening, Miss Black."

"Boll – Professor Dumbledore!" Carina exclaimed.

"Carina!" Charity warned her, knowing what she was about to say before her Headmaster.

"W-What are you doing here, Professor?" Carina asked. "No offense!"

"I have come to talk to Sirius and Thomas, and wish to have a taste of Charity's pumpkin pie – Sirius said that it was wonderful."

"Of course, Professor." Carina said.

"Now, why don't we all sit to eat." Dumbledore said.

Sirius and Tom were the first to sit down – both taking the ends of the table, Charity went next and sat across from the Dumbledore, leaving only two seat for the girls to take. Not wanting to have an even more awkward dinner, they did not wish to sit beside their Headmaster – not that they didn't like him, it's just that, it was awkward to have him in the house, and sit beside him eating pumpkin pie. The two girls raced to the chair beside Charity, but Maisie tripped Carina

"Ow!"

And Maisie was first to the chair. All eyes were at Carina as she lay on the ground and immediately got up and dusted herself. She saw the curious eyes of her Aunt, Headmaster, rolling of eyes of her Uncle, and the snickering of Maisie and her father.

"Is everything alright, sweetheart?" Sirius asked, snickering.

"Yes, just... tripped. So... dinner?"

Carina, reluctantly, sat beside Dumbledore and ate dinner. Dinner was quite quiet, but Dumbledore would start up a conversation with how her and Maisie's summer was. Of course the two would answered truthfully (slightly): doing their summer homework (false, they haven't even opened one textbook), doing chores (a bit true), playing soccer outside (mostly fetch with Sirius), and of course writing to their friends (another lie, they haven't heard from Harry, Ron, Hermione and Astoria – Maisie's case – and Theodore, even though Carina told him to write). After dinner, Charity served dessert, home made ice cream, which they enjoyed ("Charity, my dear, this is delicious!" Dumbledore said, "Even better than the last, Charity." Sirius said).