Love Song (11)

"Sam?!" I covered my ears and kept myself up against the door. "Sam where are you!?" There was a knock at the door, but I didn't answer. "Are you in there Sam?" When I stayed silent, Gabriel sighed and sat down, the chain on his pants coming in contact with the ground. After some silence, he speaks again. "Are you okay?" I was quiet and he sighed again. "I-I didn't mean to do that... It's just..." He paused for a moment. "The way he was looking at you and just his demeanor in general-" He cuts himself off and turns to the door. "Don't tell me he was..." Once again, I didn't answer him. "That motherfucker... I'm going to kill him." He began to stand up.

"Gabriel." He stopped.

"Yes?"

"Stay..." It was quiet until I heard him sit back down. We sat there for hours, minutes, I have no idea until he spoke again.

"You have a fairly good punch by the way."

"What?" He chuckled.

"You damn near broke my nose. I'm fine though, aside from the tissue being shoved up my nose."

"I'm sorry..."

"I don't blame you for it. You were scared and you wanted to get away. I would have done the same thing..." Silence. After a while Gabriel started humming a song I couldn't quite place.

"However far away
I will always love you
However long I stay
I will always love you
Whatever words I say
I will always love you
I will always love you"

I froze. He chuckled and cleared his throat. "Sorry... It's just a stupid song Lucifer got stuck in my head."

"It's okay." But it wasn't. If I only had the balls to tell him. It wasn't much longer after that he started humming again and soon enough, I found myself falling asleep.

Michael's POV

I walked quickly over to the last room I hadn't checked yet, Gabriel's room. The skeleton key was digging into my hand as I worried about how long this has been going on for the Winchester. I sighed and turned the corner just to find Gabriel sitting next to the door, asleep. I walked over to wake him up, but stopped when I heard soft snoring on the other side of the door. I smiled and chuckled. "Ever the romantic, Gabriel. Staying by his side until you both fell asleep..." I shrugged off my coat and placed it over him. I walked away, still smiling.

Sam's POV

I woke up to birds chirping and the sun shining in my face. I rubbed my eyes and took in my surroundings. The room wasn't very big, just a tad bit bigger than my own, there was a plain bed, a dresser, a night stand, and a full body mirror. I stood up, my body yelling at me for sleeping on the floor, and looked around a bit more. There was a picture on the nightstand of me and Gabriel at the pier. I don't remember this being taken... I picked it up and looked at the back. There was something written in neat cursive.

I'm glad you found a friend Gabriel, it was about time. -Castiel

I frowned. Is Castiel his brother? I set it down and walked over to the door, unlocking it. I opened it and peeked outside. There was a note sitting on the floor with Sammy written on it. I picked it up and read it.

Amara is making breakfast this morning, so meet me in the kitchen. Follow the red ribbon. -Gabe

Sure enough, when I looked up there was a red ribbon taped to the wall. I pocketed the note and did as it said. When I got there, I just stood in the doorway, Gabriel's and a black haired woman's backs facing me. "No you cannot put cinnamon in Lucifer's omelet. Use this." The black haired woman handed Gabriel a bottle of hot sauce. I cleared my throat and they both turned around. "Oh! You must be Sam." She walked up to me and offered her hand, which I took a bit nervously. "I'm Amara, I'm Gabriel's Aunt." I nodded and Gabriel smiled at me.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." I mutter back. Amara went back to cooking everyone's breakfast while Gabriel walked over to another room.

"Come on Samsquatch!" I followed him and he sat down at a large table. He patted the seat next to him and I sat down as well. "Everyone should be down in a few minutes."

"Who exactly is everyone?" He shrugged.

"Um... Just Lucifer, Michael, Raphael, Samandriel, Balthazar, Castiel, Dad, Anna, and Uriel. So that makes... Twelve including you."

"That's-That's a lot of people."

"Well, Samandriel, Anna, and Uriel are actually adopted."

"That's still a big family."

"Yeah, but we're used to it." Lucifer came stumbling in, still mostly asleep.

"Morning..." He sat down and banged his head on the table, falling right back to sleep. A man with a thick beard hit Lucifer in the head with a rolled up newspaper.

"You're going to get hair all over the table! Wake up." Lucifer groaned, but sat up.

"That's my dad." I waved a bit at him and he smiled.

"You must be Sam. I'm glad to finally meet you, Gabriel won't stop talking about you."

"Daaad!" He chuckled and sat down.

As everyone else came into the room, Gabriel introduced me to them and not long after, Anna, Amara and Samandriel (Gabriel just told me to call him Alfie) came out with breakfast.

As we were eating, Chuck turned to me. "So Sam, I heard you were staying with us." I nearly choked on my water.

"W-What?"

"I told them you were staying for a while." Michael responded. "I even called your brother, he should be on his way here right now." On queue, the doorbell rang. "Excuse me." He got up and went to answer the door.

"Aunt Amara... What did you put in this?" Lucifer panted, already sweating. She shrugged.

"Just half a bottle of hot sauce. Gabriel was going to put cinnamon, but that wouldn't have been enough." He glared at Gabriel.

"I'm going to kill you..."

"Not if the hot sauce kills you first." Gabriel responded cheekily.

"First it was the spider in my room now it's fucking hot sauce?! You better watch yourself!" Gabriel giggled and continued eating.

"Sam." I looked up at Michael and he motioned for me to follow him. I stood up and walked to the door with him. I smiled at Dean, but it dropped when I saw how battered he was. His lip was cut, he had a black eye, and he was holding his right arm like it was broken.

"Dean!" I ran over to him and checked his injuries. "I'm sorry! I should have texted you-" Dean sighed.

"It's not your fault. I'm just glad that you're okay." Michael turned towards the direction of the dining room.

"Lucifer!" There was a loud groan and Lucifer appeared from around the corner.

"What do yo-" His eyes met Dean and his face hardened. "Follow me. I'll pop that shoulder back in place for you." Dean looked questioningly at me.

"He's a doctor Dean, go." He sighed and followed him upstairs.