Chapter 23: Pushed To The Limit

Mira POV

I rush over to his side, and feel his coat was damp, I run off to grab the communication lacrima and call Elfman to come help me move him. But once I do, I see something on my hand... Blood... Wait...? I run back out to M/n, and touch his coat again, I see my finger now has blood on it too... His coat wasn't damp from water, it was from blood. I light a lantern next to us and set it down, and sure enough... blood stains... I hadn't noticed the true color before due to the lighting in here... I unbutton his coat, and am met with a fairly gruesome sight. M/n's entire torso was laced with deep lacerations and trails of both dried and wet blood. I quickly begin cleaning them, and when Elfman and Lisanna arrive she begins helping my bandage them as Elfman brings us supplies. Once we're finally done with his torso and arms though, I knew we had to check his legs as well. And sure enough, they were also covered in deep gashes. It took us almost and hour to completely clean and bandage his wounds, and we also had to try and cover the cuts on his face without messing anything else up, they were so close together it was hard to bandage each of them separately. As we finish we get a pair of shorts on him and Elfman carries him back to our place. We place him in Lisanna's room and she sleeps with me for the night, but every once in a while, I'd go to check up on him. He did save my life twice after all... At the guild hall during Gajeel's attack, and at Tenrou Island, I have to make sure he makes it through this... The next morning Lisanna goes to the guild with Elfman to take my spot for the day. I decide to go down and make something to eat, I didn't have a chance to get dinner last night, and haven't had breakfast today yet.

Your POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. I feel my body stinging all over. I sit up and swing my legs over, only to realize I'm covered in bandages. Somebody tried to help me? Just where did I end up last night? I think to myself rubbing my head. I groan as I stand up, and limp downstairs, but on my way down I see a picture, the Strauss siblings? Wait...? I smell something cooking, and it's good... Really good... Mira? I walk down and see her standing in the kitchen I walk over and put a hand on her shoulder. She jumps and turns around.

Mira: "M/N!" She screams and hugs me. "I was so worried!" Worried? B-but why would she be worried about me? Even in this condition, she doesn't know me well enough to care about me like that.

You: "Uh, yea, I'm good now." I say, trying to ignore the pain of her hug on my wounds.

Mira: "Are you ok? Do you need anything?"

You: "I could use whatever it is you're cooking." I say peering over her down at the food on the stove.

Mira: "Sure! Go make yourself comfortable, I'll have it ready in a minute or two." I nod and go sit down at there dining table. God, I feel extremely hungover right now... A few minutes later Mira walks out with sausage and eggs. I begin to dig in, Mira's cooking was the best I've had... Well, since my mothers cooking... Then I hear her stomach rumble. I raise a brow at her, but she just laughs, saying she's fine.

Mira POV

He pushes his plate over to me, a bit over half eaten. I look up to him, and he smiles at me and leans back.

You: "Eat up, your stomach obviously wants you to, so don't ignore it." I nod and begin eating, surprised he gave up his food. M/n wasn't one to give up food easily. He once cracked Natsu's head open for stealing his piece of bacon. He walks over and lies down on the couch as I finish. I sit across from him as he throws a small ball up and catches it over and over. I begin studying him, he had messy H/C hair, pure E/C eyes, and was extremely fit. You could still see the definition even through all of the bandages around him right now. He was actually very attractive, aaaand he's in nothing but his underwear... Has he been like this the entire morning? He looks over and smiles at me, I look away immediately, feeling my face heat up. I hear him chuckle and sit up.