"The stronger packs are usually the ones with the least human interactions, the ones deeper in the forest, the ones wilder and more feral."

"And, these areas probably don't have police who keep it safe since it is werewolf property. Deep in the woods; It's an easy place to hold a bunch of pups. Nobody's around. Nobody could hear them scream, cry, beg, or even smell them."

"Perfect opportunity to drain... When I talked to the pups before we left Damon's pack, they still couldn't remember who took them. It was during the full moon, so I'm assuming they were sleeping while it happened. It was either that or they were overwhelmed by everyone's energy that they couldn't process it? I'm-I'm not too sure..."

I nodded. "Alright, well... how many Protectors do we have available right now?"

"Sixty Protectors with twenty of them being Elites."

"Elites?"

"Yes, they have abilities and strengths other than normal warriors. Fifteen spies, three enticers which are men and women who use their charm and flirting capabilities to gain information, one healer, and one goddess." He smiled.

"Okay, perfect. See each of these points?" I pointed to the dots on the map. "Each dot will have an Elite. Put an enticer on Luca. Since he's already felt me have sex with Damon, he's probably going to want to forget about me for a while and what better way to do that with a beautiful wolf. See if she or he can get out as much information as possible from him. I also want a spy in Damon's pack watching him, Samuel, and Alexandra. I don't trust her either. One at Richard's pack. And, the rest of the elites will each go to another pack."

"Sounds good. We will have two Elite Protectors with us. I suggest the healer and one of the enticers."

"Yes. That's perfect. The rest of the Protector's will stay with us when we raid the Challengers' hideouts this week with Aeron."

"I'll give them their assignments." He shuffled to the door, opening it, and then, glanced back. "Oh, and your mother's journal is in her desk. I suggest you check it out and read about your powers."

"Okay." I smiled, finally feeling like we were making progress. We planned and we going to execute.

With that, he slipped out of the room.

Glancing once more at the map, I sighed. How could this all be connected? Why were these packs being taken from and who was doing it? I hoped we would find them soon. I couldn't bear to see or feel another pup die.

I sat down at the desk, opening the drawer. Stray papers and maps filled it to the brim. After shuffling through other cupboards, I opened the bottom one and smiled. Her journal. Carefully I removed it and ran my fingers alongside the clay cover.

It was beautiful. A full moon was carved into the front of it, an off-white with brown tint to it. Around the moon, smaller intricate carvings of wolves and woods sat.

"Wow..."

Turning the front cover over, I peered in at the yellow pages. The sides of the front page were frayed. Yet, the page was still readable. Different fonts and scripts were written over it.

UD HAMSUM . AKITU USSU NINNU --- Day 5 . Year 2600 BCE

Under the date there were unreadable hieroglyphics and then rough translations in different scripts. The font faded between some words, making some points hard to read or completely illegible.

NANNA... UR... INU...WARKI

God(dess) of the Moon... wolf... eye... after

Goddess of the Moon and the wolves. Through her eyes she saw visions of what would come after.

My eyes flickered to the different handwritings. How many Moon Goddess were there before me? Had this been happening for a while? I must have been the fifth goddess.

I carefully flipped through the pages, skimming over each of them and reminding myself that one day I would take the time to read over the wisdom of the women before me. Right now, I was in a rush. Hopefully, my mother had some pages of her own. That detailed her life and abilities.

After flipping through hundreds of pages filled with diagrams, drawings, hieroglyphics, and journal entries, I stumbled onto a script I could read quickly.

Date: Day 876 . Year 2100 AD

Powers:

-      Visions of the future (Year 2100)

-      Dispersing into air/teleportation (Year 2234)

-      Healing the wolves (only when emotions are high & energy isn't drained, can't revive if their souls have already risen) (Year 2235)

-      Dream control (Year 2400)

Wow, she's had quite a few powers.

I've experienced two of the powers already – the visions and the healing.

But, dispersing into thin air? That's going to be nerve wracking. Where would my body go? How will I move? Aeron had done it before. I'll ask him sometime if he could help me practice it.

Healing. When I healed Aaisha, my emotions were very high and the day after I was drained. So... she's correct about that. I'll have to remember that healing wolves takes a day or so to restore my stength. Even though I didn't want to see people dead, I could only use this if it was absolutely critical. I couldn't be weak right now.

I wasn't too sure about the soul rising thing, but I'm sure I could figure that out... hopefully.

Dream control. My mother did this with me, but I haven't done it with anyone. I'm not sure I'd want to try it right now. Maybe, when everything has settled back down.

What other powers did I have? I was stronger and more powerful than my mother. I must have other ones. I experienced half of the powers she had which took herover three hundred years to learn and I've barely been in power for a week. I guess I'll have to wait to find out.

What else was in here? After flipping through some more pages, I came to one titled Mark Removal Trials. Could this tell me how to remove the mark on my neck? I hope so. My heart quickened. When that happens, I wouldn't be held down by Luca while he's at war with Damon. Let's see what she has.

Date: Day 900 . Year 2101

Mark Removal Trials

Mate #1 – Requested Removal

Mate #1 ~ Mate #2 ~ Date of Attempt ~ Mate #1 Death ~ Mate #2 Death

Sarha ~ William ~ 2/2/2101 ~ 2/2/2101 ~ 2/2/2101

Jessi ~ Kate ~ 8/4/2145 ~ 8/4/2145 ~ 8/4/2145

Keri ~ Lary ~ 6/24/2300 ~ 6/25/2300 ~ 6/24/2300

Mother ~ Rogue ~ 12/3/2098 ~ 12/3/2098 ~ 12/3/2098

________________________________________________________________________

No more. I can't do this any longer. Too much death, hurt, destruction. NEVER ATTEMPT THIS AGAIN. Mother killed herself attempting.

A/N

I'll be vacationing this week, so I won't be able to post until Monday or Tuesday!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

What do you think of Mae's plan for saving the pups?

New character will be introduced next chapter!

Mae's mother's journal?

Warmly, Destiny <3