Chapter 10: The Meeting

Start from the beginning

I felt heat rise to my cheeks at his words.

He laughed, "Don't worry, he's like my little brother almost. I'd never tell anyone about this."

"Thank you, I appreciate that," I told him with a grin.

As Aidan came into my sight, I was completely shocked. He was wearing a simple shirt with a pair of jeans.

"Nixie, I was worried that you weren't going to show up," he told me with a smile.

"I'm here. Do your parents let you dress casually like that?" I asked him confused.

Ryan and Aidan both laughed. Aidan embraced me in a loose hug, "Princess, the Fire domain is a very relaxed place. It's much different than the Earth and Water domains."

I leaned my head against his chest comfortably, "I've missed you a lot more than I thought I would."

"I've missed you too, Princess," he told me softly.

Ryan excitedly squealed, and we turned toward him.

"I'm sorry, but you two are really cute together. Levi would be completely freaking out," he admitted to us.

"Who is Levi?" I asked Aidan confused.

"Levi is Ryan's husband," he informed me.

"Princess Nixie, would you agree that Aidan needs a haircut? It's getting a little too long, but he thinks it looks fine. I strongly disagree," Ryan asked me curiously.

I laughed, "It is getting a bit long and scruffy. He could use a slight cut," I told him with a smile as I ruffled his hair.

"See, even Princess Nixie agrees with me. Everyone agrees," Ryan told Aidan.

"I didn't bring you with me for you to get her to agree with you on everything. I brought you here so you can meet your celebrity crush, now be quiet," Aidan told Ryan with a smirk.

Ryan gasped, "You told her that she was my celebrity crush? How dare you."

"It's alright. I think it's sweet, and you're funny. Also I think you're pretty hot," I told him with a wink.

"Alright this was a bad idea. I should not have done this," Aidan decided.

I laughed as Ryan blushed and loudly whispered to Aidan, "She just called me hot. I don't know how to respond. I think I might faint."

"I am not carrying you home if you faint," Aidan told him crossing his arms.

"Would you say that I am more handsome than Aidan?" Ryan asked me curiously.

Aidan's interest in the conversation peaked. He looked down at me curiously. I laced my fingers through his before I spoke, "I think I'm too biased to answer that question."

Aidan smiled as he leaned down and lightly kissed my forehead. My skin warmed from his touch.

"You two are way too cute together. I don't see why you can't be a couple," Ryan admitted to us.

I awkwardly coughed a little, and Aidan responded, "Her parents hate me."

"That shouldn't be the only thing stopping you from being together. That's unfair," Ryan complained.

I sighed, "It's very complicated. My parents have to approve of my courtship. It's scandalous for them to not approve."

"Is this any less scandalous?" Ryan asked me with a curious smile.

I looked up at Aidan. He was looking down at me with a look that I couldn't quite place. He looked happy, but he also looked slightly upset.

"Ryan, do you think you could give us some time alone?" Aidan asked him curiously.