12

"Operation Find Bridget will be a tough mission, boys, if we chose to accept it." Lila paced in front of three of the Beatles, who were sitting on a couch backstage, dressed in suits. "And we're working with a bit of a time crunch, um, where are we going next?"

"We leave Wednesday, not sure to where though." George chucked, watching Lila as she walked. What a funny girl, he thought, smiling brightly at her.

"So that gives us a solid day." She continued pacing, putting the pieces together in her head. "Well New Year's is coming up, do you take vacation for that?"

No one answered immediately -- Ringo was still a little sick and therefore a little dazed (probably asleep), and Paul was absolutely transfixed on the little angel in front of him. So George answered again, "Yeah, normally."

"Okay, Georgie," she laughed softly and stopped in front of him, leaning down to meet his gaze, "phase one, go to Ireland for New Year's." She kissed his cheek quickly and smiled at him, "yer goddamn brilliant, mah boy." She said, surely trying to recreate her brother's Polish accent.

He looked up into her eyes and nodded quickly, swallowing a lump in his throat. "T-thank you," George choked out, looking around quickly to make sure Paul didn't see that. Not necessarily her kissing him, but how much he just fell for her. But he did, of course, and he shot Lila a look.

"Don't go makin' other boys fall in love with ya, now," he got up, pulled her away from the couch, wrapped his arms around Lila's waist, and she started laughing. 

"I knew that would get your attention." She smirked, leaning her head on his shoulder. "But seriously guys, how much time do we have before John gets back?"

"He's been out for a good ten minutes," Paul answered quickly, leaning down to place a kiss in front of her ear.

George just nodded and watched them, and he couldn't help but feel a little hurt. He knew Lila was silly and that she could be a little tease, and he didn't mind that. The part that dragged him was Paul. Maybe he isn't good enough for her. And maybe I am.

Lila giggled and rolled her eyes, stepping out of his embrace. "Okay, so we'll surprise him. He'll be so happy! Ringo, have you any luck with the airline?"

Silence. Snores. And more girlish giggles.

John got back just in time to grab his guitar and run on stage with the rest of the band. Lila stayed back and watched everything from the wings, waving at her brother whenever he looked back at her. He'd smile brightly and wave back if he could. Paul smiled and looked at her when he was singing love songs, shooting a wink her direction.

They bowed and walked off stage when they were done, and Lila smiled and moved to  hugged each of them. "You guys were great!"

Ringo smiled and patted her back, and announced he was going to take a nap. George held onto her a little tighter than he should have, and almost melted into her arms.

John grinned and scooped her up into his arms, hugging her tight. "And what about me?"

"You were mediocre." Lila deadpanned, and he looked genuinely hurt before she broke out giggling and hugged him back. "You were my favorite part, of course."

"You're an evil little girl, aren't you?" John chuckled, finally setting her down, kissing the top of her head.

"You know I love you," she smiled, squeezing him one more time before scampering over to Paul.

He smiled warmly and she cuddled into his arms, laying her head against his chest.

"Hey, angel."

"Hi, Paulie. You did really great." She smiled and looked up at him, placing her chin on his chest.

Paul smiled and tilted his head down to kiss her nose, "thanks, darling."

George sighed and walked back to the dressing room, shoving his hands in his pockets and looking down at his feet. John noticed something was off, and went to follow him and ask what's wrong. George didn't answer honestly at first.

"Nothing, John, nothing." He insisted, and they both walked into the dressing room. Ringo was passed out on the couch, so they both leaned on a counter.

"Come on, we both know you're never this down." John nudged his shoulder.

"I think I just caught Ringo's sick, is all," George forced a small smile, "I'm really okay, John."

He nodded and patted George's shoulder, "well, yo-"

"Do you really want Lila and Paul to be together?" George spat out, regretting it the second it came out of his mouth.

John laughed softly, "Of course I don't. But she's happy, and besides, they're not even really together, maybe she'll get sick of him."

"Do you think she will?"

"Maybe," John raised his eyebrow at George, "why?"

"No reason. I was just curious."

John nodded, still suspicious, and left to go help clear off the stage.

George sighed and shut his eyes, "Maybe she'll get sick of him."