5

Lila and John stopped at a burger joint by the airport to eat lunch before he would take her 'home', which for now was a certain hotel room in the middle of London. They had arranged to send most of Lila's things to John's apartment months in advance, and they were already tucked away in a closet, waiting for the rooms to become alive again.

They sat together in a booth and ate, stealing each other's fries every so often.

"So, meet any boys in Spain?"

Lila giggled and rolled her eyes. "Of course I met boys. But they all seemed to like this girl named Marisol more than me."

'What pigs," John rolled his eyes. "Those arseholes don't know a lovely bird when they see one."

"Marisol was pretty, don't get me wrong, but I think she put out, and that's why she was popular."

"Dear god Delilah, i-"

Lila kicked John under the table. "I told you to quit calling me that!"

"Shit, sorry Miss Lila." John scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Thank you,"

"How was your birthday abroad? I feel bad that I missed it."

Lila lightened up a little and nodded, shrugging her little shoulders. "It would have been nice to have you there, don't get me wrong. You could buy all the booze," she laughed.

John rolled his eyes again, but still smiled at her. "You're just like me,"

"Oh god no," Lila laughed, "Anyway, since the drinking age in Spain was like sixteen, it wasn't a big deal to get drunk, but we still did-"

"You didn't get hurt or anything, did ya?"

"No!"

"But you had a happy birthday?"

"Of course I did."

"Well that's all that mattered." John smiled warmly, and his sister returned it. "Now, would you like your present now or later?"

"You got me something?" Lila giggled and excitement lit up her eyes. "Now, Johnny!"

"Alright, alright," he chuckled, dug into his pocket, and slid the necklace box across the table.

Lila opened it curiously and gasped softly as she studied what was inside. There were two gold chains, one with gold plated star charms on it and the other had a moonstone pendant.

"John... It's so beautiful..." She looked at him, almost frightened to touch the chains. "Are they for me?"

"Well of course they are!" John laughed and took a bite of his burger. He watched Lila's continuing reaction, which quite amused him.

"On my goodness John thank you so much I can't tell you how much I love this-" Lila talked fast and stood up, sliding into his side of the booth and hugging him tightly. He finished chewing his food as he hugged back, smiling and patting her back.

"Its not a big deal..." He grinned, "I saw them at a market here and I knew they'd be perfect for you. Want me to help you put them on?"

Lila nodded quickly and handed John the box. She held up her hair as John fastened them around her neck. "Now let me see," John turned her around, she let her hair down, and he beamed, "they look lovely."

"Thank you so much..." She trailed off, looking down.

"And for my next trick," John mused, causing Lila to roll her eyes, "my little sister will be accompanied by me, of course, on a scenic trip to Vienna!"

"What?! You're taking me to Vienna?"

John smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I mean, you always loved the city, and it is a spur of the moment thing, but I figured-"

"John, what is waiting for you in Vienna?" Lila giggled and slumped back in her booth. "You bloody hate travelling."

He smiled and shrugged, almost giggling like a giddy school girl. "I don't want to jinx it. But when I have it, I'll let you know."