Judging Schedule

-----

-----

Greeting, our treasured judges! Please be guided accordingly. Thank you!

-----

[ELIMINATION ROUND SCHEDULE]

23 JULY 2018: First set of scorecards (two to three entries per Category)

30 JULY 2018: Second set of scorecards (two to three entries per Category)

6 AUGUST 2018: Third set of scorecards (three entries per Category)

 13 AUGUST 2018: Final set of scorecards (all the remaining entries in all Categories must be submitted!)

[FINAL ROUND SCHEDULE]

TO BE ANNOUNCED!

_____

A Guide for Judges

- You can find the books in our Reading lists. Just go to our account and find the list of the Category you signed up to judge.

- Submission of scores would be every week. You have four weeks to finish evaluating the all the entries for the Elimination Rounds and another month for the Final Round. So, you need to send us two to three scorecards for each Category per week.

- We will be expecting the first set of your scorecards on or before the 23rd of July, 2018.

- Do not begin your evaluations for the Final Round yet!

- Read "Qualifications of a Judge" again under the page, "Rules and Regulations".

- Only use the Official List of Entries for the Entry # reference.

[ Evaluation Criteria for the Elimination Round ]

[10] Book Cover and Title (BCT): Is the cover aesthetically pleasing? How connected is it to the Title and/or the plot of the plot of the story? How unique and interesting is the Title?

[5] Blurb: (B): Does the blurb contains the right amount of information as a preview to the reader? How strong is the lead-in?

[10] Introduction Chapter (IC): This includes Prologue, Synopsis, Epigraph, etc. along with the Chapter one. How engaging is the introductory chapter/part? Were they enough for the reader to click on the next page?

[15] Characterization (C): Are the characters well-thought of and properly executed? How deep is the characterization based on the whole seven chapters? Are the main character/s likable? Are the emotions portrayed by the character/s felt by the readers?

[15] Plot (P): What do you think of the plot of the story based on the first seven chapters? How is the flow of scenes? How strong are the chosen scenes and highlights? Is it worthy to be read?

[15] Atmosphere (A): Includes the setting, the phasing of the chapter, and the emotions of the chapter itself, the movements. How vivid are the narrations? Are the dialogues relevant?

[20] Writing Style (WS): How effective is your writing, the choice of words, the construction of your sentences and paragraphs? How creative is the writing style? How professional is the story written?

[10] Writing Skills (WT): The technical writing aspects of the book like grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, dialogue tags and action tags, paragraphing, etc.

[ Scorecard format: ]

Entry #

Category:

Book:

Author:

EVALUATION

BCT:

B:

IC:

C:

P:

A:

WS:

WT:

Review: Include at least two to three sentences critique for the justification of the given scores.

-----

BTS: BATTLE OF THE BEST FANFICTIONS 2018