Chapter one..√

" Sit here baby, I'll be right back. Do not! Go anywhere else okay?" Hailey mumbles kissing the top of Justin's head before going out of the coffee shop to grab her forgotten phone from the car. Justin sits down, playing on his phone.

" Umm Hailey?" He looks around, not able to find his older sister. He shoves the phone in his pocket and gets up from the chair. Looking around.

'did she go to the bathroom?' he thinks, and starts walking towards the girl's bathroom.

" Hailey?" He calls. Walking inside the restroom. Some girls looks his way weirdly.

One middle aged lady walks over. " This is lady's restroom. What are you doing here?" She rolls her eyes.

" Umm.. I don't know?" He looks around.

" You don't know? You walked into a lady's restroom and say you don't know what you're doing in here?" She asks. More like scolds.

" I don't know!" He glares at her. That lady made him feel angry.

" Justin?!" Hailey scolds. Rushes in and grabs his arm. " I was looking all over for you! I told you not to go anywhere. What the hell Justin?!" She scoffs. She knows about his condition and she accepts him. But it's hard to deal with him cause he can't keep anything in his mind without forgetting. He's been lost countless times and he almost killed himself couple of times. She gets really worried when he walks off on her.

He has a rare symptom. He sometimes forgets everything he's doing. Like how he forgot where Hailey went.

And sometimes he forgets a whole incident for a while.

As an example, he forgets Hailey exists when he's with Shawn. And when Hailey is with him, he forgets Shawn exists.

Like right now. If you ask him who Shawn is, he'd have no idea who Shawn is.

When both of them are together, he gets really confused. He just goes to his room and rocks back and forth on his bed.

The doctors say this is not good for his mental health. And that they should try their best not to confuse him.

" I don't know!!" He starts rocking back and forth. His eyes gets watery and tries to wiggle his arm away from her grip.

" Is he nuts?!" The woman asks watching him rocking back and forth.

" Fuck off bitch!" Hailey spits, sending her the deadliest glare. And just like that, the woman is out of the restroom.

" Is he okay?" A girl asks really concerned as Hailey tried to stop the boy from struggling. " Yeah. He doesn't like it when I snap at people"

" I'm sorry Jay, can you stop struggling?" Hailey speaks softly, and Justin calms down a little. He nods.

He grabs his phone again and starts playing on it. Not aware of anything that just happened.

The girls watches confused. " He has dementia. " She explains, before dragging him out of the room.

" We're just gonna drink some coffee and leave, okay?"

" Hmm" Justin nods.

They sits nearest to the window.

" What would you want today miss Baldwin?" And a handsome looking guy Hailey has been known for a while, walks over. "Two Ice coffees please" Hailey smiles.

Hailey's phone rings in her pocket and she answers.

" Do you have chocolate chip cookies here?" Justin blushes, looking at the handsome man. Harry smirks, nodding. Hailey is too busy on the phone to notice the little encounter between the two guys.

" Aren't you a little bit too old to get chocolate chip cookies?" Harry smiles.

Justin scoffs, rolling his eyes. " It's never too old or too young eat chocolate chip cookies idiot!"

Harry bits his lip, liking how sassy he was.

" Are you gay? You look gay" Harry asks wanting get a sassy answer.

Justin narrows his eyes, thinking. " Am I gay? Yeah I think I am" Justin says. But not knowing about his condition, Harry thinks he's flirting.

" I hope you're a bottom cause I top" Harry flirts back shamelessly.

" I'm not a bottom, what's a bottom? And top?" Justin looks at him confused.

Harry thinks he's pretending to be innocent, and snorts. " Sure you don't know"

" And some chocolate chip cookies for him" Hailey says putting the phone in her pocket.

" Alright ma'am" making Hailey laugh, he salutes before smiling at Justin and leaving. " Wait! What's a bottom?" Justin yells after him. He doesn't hear him but the whole restaurant looks his way. He gets up to go after him but Hailey grabs his arm, pulling him down. " Sit down before I smack your bottom!" She whisper hisses embarrassed.

Justin pouts, sitting down. " What's a bottom?" He mumbles.

" It's nothing, don't think about it Okay?"

" Hmm"

After a while, Harry comes back with their coffees. He hands them each mug and puts down the cookies for Justin.

With a note in the middle of it. He winks at Justin and he blushes. And leaves.

Justin grabs the note and sees a phone number on it.

Hailey snatches it from her hand and Justin glares at her.

" What is this?" Hailey tries to unfold it but Justin screams at the top of his lungs. " IT'S MINE GIVE IT BACK!!!"

" Please don't scream Justin!" Hailey tries to calm him down not wanting attention. But it's too late.

"GIVE IT BACK!!"

"Okay here get it! Gosh!" She gives it back.

Justin shoves it in his pocket and holds a hand over it as if anyone is going to take it from him.

" I'll get it once we're home" Hailey scolds. Justin glares at the girl.

"IT'S MINE!!!" he screams again, and Hailey flinches at his high voice.

" Okay okay ugh" she gives up. " I won't get it"

Justin smiles. Rubbing his pocket as if he's rubbing his pregnant stomach.

Hailey looks at him suspiciously. Not wanting Justin getting in any trouble. She's really overprotective of her younger brother.

She promises herself to keep an eye on him.

🌠🌠🌠🌠

What do you think about this book?

Vote and comment guys!!!