Chapter 33: Rebound

Start from the beginning

"Listen, Leah..."

"Liam and I had a fight last night," I blurt out.

His expression doesn't change but his eyes roam over my face, looking for some kind of emotion. I stay still and unwavering, my hands still enveloped by his. I'm not sure why exactly I felt the need to tell him about our argument but now I'm glad I did.

"Why?" Harry asks, tilting his head slightly.

I lick my lips nervously and his gaze flickers to my mouth quickly, but I still notice. My heart beats a little faster in my chest.

"He thinks...he thinks I have feelings for someone else," I whisper.

"Feelings for someone else, huh?" Harry smirks and for once it doesn't annoy me at all. In fact, it kind of turns me on. "Who could that possibly be?"

When did his face get so close to mine? My eyes involuntarily drift down towards his perfect pink lips and I let out a shaky breath as his forehead lightly touches mine.

"Harry..."

I'm not able to finish my thought because his hot breath fans over my mouth and effectively renders me speechless. I look back up to his vivid emerald eyes and feel a shiver run down my spine when I realize they're filled with need. It's the last thing I see before my own eyes flutter close and Harry's lips crash into mine.

I let out a gasp but kiss him back anyways. It seems that I will never be able to resist Harry's kisses, and any restraint I had is broken when he swipes his tongue against my bottom lip and makes me tremble in his embrace.

I break away with a wild gasp and press my face against his neck, kissing the tender skin there while I undo his tie with nimble fingers. Somehow while we were kissing, Harry pushed me up onto my desk so now I sit with my legs wrapped around him. Harry lets out a shaky laugh as I begin undoing the buttons to the shirt underneath his suit jacket.

"Leah, are you crazy? Anyone could walk in on us," he says, biting back a groan as I nibble lightly on the skin just above his collarbone. I draw back for a second to answer him, my lids half closed.

"Then lock the door."

Harry looks surprised for only a second before quickly striding over and sliding the lock on my door. I make sure the blinds on my windows are closed before I turn back to Harry and unzip the dress I have on, letting it fall to the floor.

He sucks in a breath. "Are we really doing this?"

"Oh, we're totally doing this," I nod before attaching my lips to his once more. I can feel my hands trembling as I slide my fingers into Harry's messy curls. He lets out a deep growl into my mouth and it's possibly the hottest thing I've ever heard in my life.

I'm back to sitting on my desk again, and Harry unclasps my bra while I work furiously to undo his belt. When we're both finally undressed he quickly slides on a condom and his eyes fly up to lock with mine. I will never get over how beautiful they are, how beautiful he is, especially when he's half crazed with need.

"It feels like it's been a century instead of a month since I've been inside you. You have no idea how much I've thought about this," he says as he enters me with one long thrust. I can't contain the moan that slips through my lips.

"It can't be half as much as I've though about it," I whisper breathlessly into his neck. "I haven't thought about anything else."

"Same," Harry pants and I wrap my legs around his torso tighter, begging for more. "You know, this is probably a mistake."

"I don't care."

He manages to smile. "Me either."

++++++++++

As we both pull on our clothes again, I can feel my face heating up from embarrassment. I cannot believe I just had sex with Harry, right in my own office. At nine o'clock in the morning, no less! Who even does that?

"Harry, I'm sorry," I apologize as I struggle to zip up my dress.

"Here, let me get that," he says. "And what exactly are you apologizing for?"

"For...provoking you, I guess." I try to focus on our conversation rather than the feeling of his hands on my bare back as he zips up my dress. Since when am I this horny all the time?

He lets out a chuckle. "It's more than okay, trust me."

"Okay," I smile tentatively.

"I should, uh, probably get back to my office. We have a lot of work to do," Harry says, and I remember again about the conference.

"Right," I nod, turning back to my desk. "Of course."

I walk back around to my desk but accidentally knock a couple of papers onto the ground in the process. Groaning, I bend over to pick them up and Harry reaches down to help me. His hand grasps one of the papers and then he pauses to reads the title.

"How to block someone on email? How to list your phone number as private?" he reads aloud with a frown. "Leah, what's going on here?"

I snatch the paper back from him quickly. "It's nothing."

Actually, I printed out the tutorials after Ryan emailed me a couple days ago. I don't want to see him again, ever, and he apparently has different ideas so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Is someone stalking you?" Harry asks quietly.

I let out a sigh and stare at my computer blankly, not sure how to respond. It's not like Ryan is a dangerous person or anything. In fact, he's one of the biggest cowards I know. But he is dangerous in the fact that if he relays biased information to Harry, I would most likely lose my job.

"Leah, look at me."

I force myself to look back into Harry's eyes. His gaze bores into mine and finally I sigh, knowing that I need to be honest with him.

"I think," I say, "That's it's time to tell you how I really got fired from Miller."

++++++++++++

A/N: I'M SORRY I JUST REALLY ENJOY CLIFFHANGERS OKAY

also this is kinda short and bleh sorry about that.

i'm also sorry that I didn't update as soon as I got 125 votes because I had to get four fillings yesterday and my mouth was all numb and I literally just slept all day lolzz

question: since this story is almost finished, if I were to write another one would you rather it be one direction fanfic or a 5sos one?

dedication: Wasabi-life

AND EVERYONE BETTER VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE HEAH SEX OKAY BYE