Chapter 19: Dance

CHAPTER 19

Harry is late. I stand by the bar, deciding whether or not to order a drink. They're free, which is a big motivating factor. But I decide against it. After all, I've only been waiting for about a half hour.

Edward went ahead and drove me and Rose over to the magnificent ballroom, located in some hotel that's so fancy I've never even heard of it. I glance over at them now, dancing gracefully on the dance floor. Edward whispers something in my grandmother's ear and she giggles. I never imagined the possibility of her seeing someone after Henry's death, but I when I look at her now, happy and laughing with Edward, I have no bad feelings about it. They're kind of perfect for each other.

Somebody taps on my shoulder and I turn around to see a smiling Louis. "Wow, Leah, you look amazing," he compliments.

"Thanks," I blush, not quite used to all of the attention. I'm surprised he even recognized me. After dress shopping, Edward insisted on taking Rose and I to get our hair and makeup professionally done. The hairdresser went as fair as to re-highlight my hair and even add some extensions, then curled everything. I look like Rapunzel or something.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Louis says casually, snapping his hands at the bartender and smoothly ordering himself a drink.

"Yeah, Harry asked me," I admit. "It was kind of a last minute thing."

Louis looks me over, the corners of his baby blue eyes crinkling slightly as he grins. "Well, I can't say I'm surprised."

"Shut up," I mumble as the bartender slides him his drink. Louis stops it with his hand and picks it up, taking a sip in one fluid motion.

"Louis!" Harry's voice shouts out from behind me, making me jump. He obviously doesn't recognize me and my new hair from behind. My heart speeds up and I can't deny that I'm excited too see his reaction to my makeover. Some of the excitement is dimmed, however, from my anger over him showing up so late especially after he begged me to do this for him.

I take a deep breath and turn around to face my boss. "Hey, Harry."

Harry opens his mouth to respond, then gets a better look at me. His eyes widen to the size of saucers and his jaw drops as he scans over my mane of blonde curls and my tight, short dress.

"Leah?"

"Hi," I say somewhat shyly. I hear Louis chuckle softly from behind me and I want to slap him for ruining the moment. Thankfully he picks up his drink and walks away, leaving me and Harry alone.

"How did your meetings go?" I ask politely, mostly just to say something.

Harry doesn't seem to hear me. The stunned expression stays on his face and if he doesn't shut his mouth soon he's going to start drooling. His eyes drift over me again, this time locking on the area right below my face. Damn this dress and its stupid built-in push-up bra. I clear my throat. "Harry?"

"T-terribly," he finally answers me, snapping his eyes back to face. "Working on Saturday is always terrible."

He pauses for a second, then slowly lifts his hand and brushes it across my cheek, burning my skin with his touch. He tucks a stray curl behind my ear and sighs. "What the hell did Edward do to you?"

"Don't you like the way I look?" I frown at him. I can't tell if he's joking with me or not. I mean, I know I look a lot different, but I assumed it's a good different, not a bad different.

Harry runs a hand through his hair like he always does when he's stressed. He glances around the room, a hard look in his green eyes, and then leans down close to me. When he speaks I can feel his breath hot on my face.