Like we used to do

"Lacey?!" Liam ran up to me as I hobbled my way up my front porch steps.

"Liam please n-not now okay?"
I was drained. After what Hayden pulled, and that poor young witch dying right in front of my eyes, no more than 2 hours ago. I just need a little rest.

Before, when I was actually still me. Hayden alone would had freaked me out enough to go running for the hills.

But not anymore. Too much shit has happened. Way to many people have been hurt. Some even lost...

"Please baby, don't shut me out." He sighed, waiting right outside my door as I had almost made my way up the top of the stairs
"All I feel you do is shut me out now when things get hard. Like you have to be the only one to deal with it. You don't. We are all in this together and we will all fight, if you let us."
He didn't say another word as he just left,
A tear slide down my cheek and I flung my arm up in anger and heard the front door slam from it.

I wasn't mad because of what he said. I was mad that Liam was right. Ever since I got my memory back. Any problem I've wanted to face on my own. I didn't want anyone to help me because they would have gotten hurt. I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore.

"Lacey? Hunny?" My mom creaked my door open and carefully walked In like I was going to bite her.
"Are you alright?" She asked

Tears streamed down my face as I looked around my room. Why does nothing seem right? There were a bunch of candles placed around like I had been spell casting.

I darted my eyes at my mom and stood up
"Do you even know about me, mom?" I put a spin on the word

"What do you mean sweetheart?" She asked. I could see a drop of sweat leave the side of her forehead. She was nervous..

I flicked my hands out and every single candle caught flame on time.
My room lit up a bright orange as I made the flames grow bigger
"I mean this mom! Did you know that I can do this?!" I shouted

My room was boiling hot, but I wasn't phased. My mom on the other hand was sweating and looking at each and every candle like it was about to jump at her

"TELL ME!!" I shouted louder. Growing each flame

"What the hell is going on in here!" dad shouted, opening the door to witness the scene that was taking place. My mom ran straight into his arms like some pathetic damsel in distress.
That's not my mother.

"Lacey! How could you do this to your mom!" Dad shouted at me...

"I didn't do it to my mom. I did it to her." I said in a monotoned voice. Starring at him with no emotion held against my face.

The look in his eyes were crazed, but only because of me.
He quickly took her out of the room as I heard him whispering comforting words into her ears.

Without thinking of anything else. I left. I packed my simple black backpack with clothes and went straight out the front door. Not even giving my parents.... parent, any notice.

I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed a number

"Hello?"

"Hey." I answered, my voice cracking a bit from the tears falling down my face
"Is it okay if I stay with you tonight?"

~~~~~~~~

I knocked on the front door of my second home. Melissa quickly opened it and didn't say any words before pulling me in for a hug.

I wasn't too sure what this hug meant. She was friends with my mom. Should she be upset with me right now?

"You can stay as long as you want. You know which room to go to." She smiled. I smiled back at her and took my bag up to 'my room'

I called it that because it basically was. I would always sleep over here when I was younger. And this was my room. It was decorated exactly how I liked it, and I even had some clothes left over that I totally forgot about.

I dropped my bag on the bed and looked at a picture that all of us had taken at the beginning of this year. It was a picture of me, Scott, Malia and Lydia. I was next to Scott while Malia was with Malia. But for some reason, there was a gap in between us. Like something was there..
or someone.

"Hey."
My head whipped back toward my door frame as I saw Scott standing underneath it, hands shoved in his front pockets and head hanging low
"You worried me today. The last time I saw you acting like that was when-"

"When I was possessed by jack." I admitted, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah." He agreed. Walking over and sitting right next to me.
Making the bed sink just a tiny bit more.
"Your eyes turned black lace. It was terrifying. I thought I was going to lose you again."

I guess I hadn't officially stopped crying. Because the lump holding onto the back of my throat gave up as I sobbed
"I-I'm So s-sorry!" I cried.
Scott wasted no time in wrapping his arms around me. Holding me close to him. He was the closest thing I ever had to a brother. Scott was my brother.

"Shhhh..." He hushed in my hair as I buried my face in his shirt. Feeling awful that I was probably getting it all wet.
"Hey?" He said, I kept my face in its current spot, but he knew I was listening
"Do you want me to sleep in here like our old sleepovers?"

That was when I lifted my head to look at him. My eyes probably look really red and puffy, but what the hell.
"Really?" I whispered out

He smiled and laughed
"Yeah, really. How about I go downstairs and make us some popcorn, you put in the mummy?" He said. This is why I love him, because he always knew how to make me feel better. No matter the situation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh my goodness!!! I feel like I've been updating so much on this story, and "the Quarterbacks Kryptonite"

I'm having such a good time and so much inspiration! Thank you to all of my readers! You all keep me going. ❤️