SHSL Predictor! Reader

Start from the beginning

At the trial, Shuichi explained about the toilet paper that was found.

"Wouldn't toilet paper break?" Gonta asked.

You felt like a lightbulb had gone off. Gonta was acting different which your observations on everyone did not fail to notice. It was like he didn't know anything about the virtual world despite being there... and it couldn't be related to his normal intelligence. Then it hit you. He didn't remember the killing game simulator!

"No, that's wrong! Objects don't break in the Virtual World," Shuichi pointed out, continuing the discussion you had tuned out from.

"Gonta, do you not remember what happened at the Virtual World?" You suddenly asked, shocking everybody in the trial room at this sudden outburst. It was common but the nature of your questions, nobody could understand how you made conclusions so fast even with your talent.

"Slow down! You're totally off topic-!" Himiko never finished her pout.

"Yeah, Gonta never go to this 'vir-chew-all' world. Gonta fall asleep on chair and wake up and see Miu dead!" Gonta began crying, not wanting to remember.

"So that user error was Gonta plugging in the ports wrong. Which means the pattern difference I noticed was correct," You crossed your arms.

"No faaaair! Shuichi and (Y/N) can solve a mystery too fast when they team up!" Kokichi huffed.

"It's because they know how to team up, unlike you!" Katio declared, causing a few snickers amongst your classmates.

"Ah, let's get back to the case-" Shuichi never finished because Keebo began an argument.

"What about the culprit getting down?" Keebo interrupted.

"Yeah, I never thought of that!" Tsumugi agreed.

"You were in the main hall and if the murder happened on the roof, how come you didn't see the killer leave?" Kokichi grinned.

"Based on the pattern, I believe the 'objects cannot break' rule was used in this... which also makes me think the murder weapon was involved," You suggested.

Shuichi thought about it for a while, and then his eyes widened. "The killer tied the toilet paper to the binoculars on the roof!"

"Wait a minute- didn't you see Gonta outside? Then he did it," You growled.

"H-hey, let's not jump to conclusions!" Keebo defended, not being able to believe someone so innocent did it.

"Gonta can't be the killer!" Himiko shouted, "He's too innocent!!"

"Care to give a better explanation?" You crossed your arms and sighed.

"Gonta no commit murder! That create trouble for everyone! Gonta no create trouble, that ungentlemanly!" Gonts desperately defended himself, though since he didn't remember what he did and his average intelligence it didn't exactly work.

"Yeah, Gonta's a gentleman! He would never kill someone!" Tsumugi agreed quickly, getting angry.

Shuichi had a grim expression, "It has to be the truth... I'll go over the crime one more time. Gonta, tell me when you can agree, okay?"

Gonta nodded sadly and Shuichi began the summary of Gonta's crime with a heavy sigh and a sad tone.

"It began when we entered the Virtual World. Miu Iruma, who planned to commit a murder, placed a bottle of poison on Kokichi's chair to make us think the murder happened in the real world. Then, she entered the Virtual World with the rest of us. She showed us all a map of the Virtual World, but that was already her trap. She wanted us to think the map loading point was in the middle of the map when it was actually at the end of the map."

Shuichi continued explaining the case all the way until the body being discovered in the real world. Gonta was in tears, as well as everybody including you.

"But... why Gonta commit crime?" Gonta sobbed.

"Because I showed you the secret of the outside world," Kokichi smirked.

"Huh?!" Gonta gasped, making everyone fall silent.

Monokuma showed everybody Alter Ego Gonta, who did nothing but confirm Kokichi was telling the truth until it was time for both Gonta and his alter ego to be executed. After Gonta was executed, Kokichi started laughing at everybody for thinking his crying was real which you personally thought was annoying so you ignored.

"Oh come on, did you ACTUALLY think that crying was real?! Hahahaha!!!" Kokichi began laughing like a madman, still laughing as he left before the rest of the group.

"What a crazy idiot!" Kaito growled.

Everybody left to their dorms after that. Well, that would've happened with you as well. Except Shuichi suddenly grabbed your wrist, shocking you. For somebody as non-confident as him, you were surprised he would choose such a method to get the attention of a female. It was completely off his normal patterns.

"Huh?" You turned around, still a bit shocked at this bold move for him. That seemed to immediately get him shy again.

"Ah, (Y/N). I wanted to talk to you for a minute," Shuichi explained, leading you to a secluded corner of the outside area.

"What is it?" You prompted, genuinely having no prediction for what he was about to say or do which greatly interested you.

"I know this is probably one of the worst times to bring this up since it's after a class trial, but... after seeing you solve so many mysteries so calmly I can't help but tell you now," Shuichi began, reaching up to pull his hat down but upon having no hat he brushed a couple extra strands of hair into his bangs.

You tilted your head to the side slightly. He sighed and began... blushing? Oh. Oh!!! You immediately realized this was a love confession and listened to him adorably stutter out, "W-well... I... h-have a crush on you..." Shuichi confessed quietly, almost mumbling.

"Oh my gosh! I-I feel the same way!" You exclaimed, grinning widely and actually jumping up and down a bit.

Shuichi's eyes lit up instantly and met yours, "Y-you do?"

You nodded with a smile and hugged Shuichi, and he hugged back. After a few moments you asked, "Hey Shuichi... will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course," Shuichi responded with an odd confidence in his voice.

You released your embrace and Shuichi kissed you on the lips, and you kissed back almost eagerly. It was a slow and passionate kiss, as well as your first. However, it just seemed kinda natural to you. The two of you released the kiss, both blushing messes.

"Aww man, I wanted to be the one kissing (Y/N)!" Kokichi groaned, somehow appearing from seemingly nowhere.

"K-Kokichi!" You gasped, facing the purple-haired male and crossing your arms with a pout.

Kokichi simply laughed, "I happened to see you two walk off so I spied! I never expected this to happen!"

Kokichi skipped off laughing, and that was about the last you saw of him... until he gave you electrohammers one night.
~~~
Word count: 1858
Original word count: 1357
Edited: June 5, 2019