The Moment: Chapter Two

Fitz, what is going on with everyone... Especially you?

Sophie! Umm, what are you talking about?

Fitz, you know what I'm talking about. Why were you hiding your arm?

Hold on, I need to help Keefe with something real quick.

Fitz's mind went blank, so Sophie sat through class, waiting for Fitz to call out to her. 

                                                                                      ***

She had gone through almost all her classes with nothing. She was about to forget everything when she heard a faint voice in her head.

Sophie, meet me in front of Elwin's office in 5 minutes. Quick!

She took off running through the halls, slowing down when she saw two familiar boys. One in the arms of the other.

"Keefe, what happened!?" Sophie sped up, looking at Fitz. He didn't look injured, and he certainly wasn't dead.

"I have no clue Foster. One moment Fitz was walking down some steps, and then he just fell back. I'm just glad I caught him in time." Sophie looked back down at Fitz's face, and frowned. She knew she wasn't an empath, but she could definitely tell that Keefe was lying. 

"Keefe, tell me what act-"

"Here, you take him. I have to go back to the tower to get my stuff. I don't want anyone to accidentally blow themselves up with yeti pee." He shifted Fitz and put him in Sophie's arms. He ran off, but before Sophie lost sight of him, he saw him give her a thumbs up.

"Fitz? Please Fitz, please wake up." Sophie pleaded as she dragged him down the hallway. She stopped to take a quick breather, when she noticed that he had his leaping crystal in his hand. Before she could process how it got there, Fitz opened his eyes, stood up, and grabbed Sophie's hand. Then, the light took them.