Though she does keep twitching.

Bunny rises from her position on top of the woman and calmly walks back towards the bedroom where the man is making an odd wheezing noise. Annoyed by it Bunny pulls out the hammer prongs from his chest and slams them into his jugular. He doesn’t cry out this time, just gurgles.

Pounding erupts outside the door of the apartment.

Bunny knows she has now overstayed her welcome. Having planned her escape route already she slides open the back window of the bedroom and crawls out. As she slides down the gutter pipe she hears the front door break open and someone yelling for a paramedic. Bunny doesn’t stay to hear anymore.

She’s too busy running for the woods.

+

“Bunny Face has struck again but this time they have left a survivor. James Jacobson, aged thirty-five, was found with over twenty stab wounds all over his torso and his throat cut open by which he identified as they Serial Killer Bunny Face. Mr. Jacobson’s girlfriend, Lucinda Meyers, aged twenty-seven, who walked in on the scene was not so lucky. We’re here with the lead detective in the case.” The reporter puts the microphone she’s holding under the mouth of a stern middle-aged man. “Detective Falco, how are you going to catch this maniac?”

“We have every officer on this looking for the killer. He won’t make it far and this will be put to a stop, I have no doubt in that.”

“Is there information that can be newly released to help the public aid you?”

“The suspect is of slender build with—“

“Can we turn this off?” Rose yawns from her position in Levi’s lap. Her head is in his lap as he watches the TV with intense concentration. He wants to be sure they aren’t going to catch her; he can’t help but root for her. She did save his life.

“What? Is this boring you?”

She shrugs, “Kind of.”

“You don’t think this is interesting?”

“Nope. They don’t have any leads so who cares?”

“What if they did but weren’t releasing it?” Levi argues.

Rose sighs and sits up, “Why does it matter, Levi? Bunny Face is some psycho killing random men. Don’t you want to see her put in jail?”

“No.” he whispers.

“Why?” She asks with a curious look.

“Well…did you hear about my dad?”

“Should I have?”

“Bunny Face killed him.” he confesses with his eyes rested on their entwined hands.

She scoots closer to him, “Wouldn’t that make you want to see Bunny Face put away?”

He snort, “Hell no. My dad was an abusive asshole. I hated him.”

“So your like…thankful?” she asks quietly, shyly.

He shrugs, “I guess, I mean they did solve a big pain in my life. No matter how messed up it was I probably would have died that night if Bunny Face hadn’t shown up.”

“I can see the reasoning in that.” She agrees with a nod after a minute of silence.

Levi’s head shoots up to look at her blank expression, “You don’t think I’m weird for thinking that?”

“Of course not, baby.”

Levi pulls his girlfriend into a hug wondering how he got so lucky to have a girl like her. He kisses the top of her head and inhales the scent of her shampoo on her hair. He wonders absently where she lives. They’ve been together for two weeks now and he hasn’t the faintest idea where the hell she lives. She doesn’t mention family but surely she has to live with someone.