A couple more of the blue liquid bottles later and I was starting to find it easier to hold conversations with these strangers. Someone had started a game of truth or dare on the floor in front of us. I declined the invite to join in, as did .......I want to say Simon?....next to me.

"So what sort of things are you into?" Simon asked.

I glanced briefly at Natalie who was sat in the circle playing truth or dare. She noticed me looking and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

My eyes suddenly shot to Simon, to see that he was eagerly awaiting my reply.

Shit, was he chatting me up? I had absolutely no idea.

"Erm," I started, suddenly a bit nervous, "I like the outdoors."

"So you're into sports?" he asked.

"Erm, no not really," I replied.

He frowned, clearly a little confused.

"I just like being outdoors, you know, studying nature and stuff," I felt myself groan on the inside. Why did I have to sound so lame?

"Oh, cool," Simon said, but his eyes said something different, as they started to scan the crowd, probably looking for someone else to talk to.

"Ah, there's Shaun," he said, pointing towards a rather fit looking guy by the door, "I'm just going to go and say hi."

"Ok," I said, "It was nice to meet you Simon."

He shot me an odd look, before disappearing towards.......I want to say Sam?

I looked back at Natalie, but thankfully she was too engrossed in the game to notice what had just happened.

I scanned round the faces in the circle of people she was sat with. I recognised some of them from college but there were quite a few I didn't know.

One guy stood out in particular.

He had his dark hair cut very short then had track marks shaved all over his head in intricate patterns. He was wearing jeans that had so many slashes in them that I was surprised they were still in one piece, and I could see the start of a tattoo on his arm under his t-shirt. He looked like he worked out and I found myself unconsciously licking my lips.

Suddenly his eyes locked with mine, and I quickly looked away, hoping he didn't realise I was checking him out.

After a few moments, I glanced back, relieved to see that the game had his attention once again.

"Truth or dare?" the girl next to him asked.

He quickly leaned across and whispered something into her ear. The girl laughed then nodded.

"Dare," he replied.

"Hmmmm," she said, trying to think of something while she looked around.

As her eyes locked on me, I felt the bottom drop out of my stomach.

"I dare you, to make out with that guy over there," she said, pointing at me.

I looked over at him in horror, and watched as he got up and started to walk towards me with a grin on his face and a glint in his eye.

I involuntary took a couple of steps backwards, until I was pressed against a wall.

'You, you set this up," I stammered out as he approached me.

He shrugged. "And why wouldn't I when you were stood over here all on your own looking so damn cute."

I felt my cheeks start to burn, and I looked anywhere but at him.