Private Session: Jonas

(JONAS'S POV)

Over the course of the next four days, Boston and I train with Henna like our lives depend on it; which they do. And when it finally narrows down to the last day of training and the preparation for our private sessions, I'm absolutely terrified. I begin to lose all hope and everything erupts into something irrationally interrogating and stressful. Whatever confidence and hope I had possessed before hand, diminishes into nothing, and I just can't sleep.

The day of our sessions arrives and everything seems to consequently blend together into sadness. The air feels dry and bland as I step out of bed. I can't sleep, and as I check the time, I realize that it's only 2:00 a.m. I head out of my private dormitory and decide to explore the parts of the training center I haven't yet seen.

I don't exactly know where I'm going or what I'm doing, but my feet carry me to the slim glass elevator, that will take me anywhere with the push of a button. Sighing, I accept the elevators exploration invitation, immediately awed by its form and speciation. By the thump of the elevator walls, I can tell we're coming to a stop at floor ten.  Someone must have asked for the elevator there, because I originally wanted to visit floor four. 
The massive doors open, revealing a young boy about my age, from District Ten.  His eyes widen, surprised that someone else is up this early. But, instead of just stepping into the elevator and choosing the floor he wants, he rushes in ecstatically and before I know what's happening, our lips touch and we lock.  I pull away.  I don't even know his name, and he just decides to kiss me?! 

"What was that for!?" I yell. 

His cheeks turn bright red, and I blush.  "I like you, Jonas." 

"What?" I'm confused now.  "Why?  And how do you know my name?"

The boy shrugs. "I watched the recap."

"Oh." Silence overcomes for seconds until I decide to break it. "So why did you kiss me, exactly?"

"I watched you volunteer to save your sister. I watch as you excel in everything there is in training. Your not afraid to try new things or to learn. You help in every way you can, and you try, even if you think negatively about your escape from the arena. And I love you for that."

Love? My mind is completely mixed. He loves me for the littlest things I do, and I don't even know his name. I know- we know- nothing about each other, except that we could both easily die in a matter of days.
I don't know what to say. Thanks? Is that what I'm going to say? "Ok." I look down. "What's your name?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry for the-"  But he's cut off and whatever he was planning on saying blurs and dissolves into nothing in the tense air.  The doors close with a large clang and it echoes throughout the building.  "I'm Trevor.  Trevor Pedanski." Our hands meet and we shake awkwardly, knowing it's weird to be like this when we had shared a kiss seconds before.
——————————()—————————
The light flickers on, waking me up from a restless sleep. Throwing the sheets and blankets off of me, I grab my training outfit, slightly different from the other days, and slip it on, leaving my pajamas on the floor.
I pull my hair up in a high ponytail, and before I can exit the room, the door opens revealing a bedraggled Boston in his identical training get-up. He wraps me into a tight hug. "Where were you last night?" His breathing is quick and I can feel his heart racing.

"I came in to check on you, and you were gone!" He says.

"I'm ok," I say. "I just couldn't sleep."