stuck

HEY!!! WILLOW IS BACK!!!!

-----------------------------------------------

I walked through the school doors, basically begging to get beaten up. I was dresses as my usual self in shredded black skinny jeans, an oversized white tank top with donuts all over it, converses that had a big slice of pizza as the design, and purple nerd glasses. Weird.

Everyone glared at me from behind their books and locker doors. There might as well have been a sticker on my forehead that said STARE.

Usually, in the mornings I am just too tired to worry about anything. But by the time I am fully awake, I am too caught up in my own imagination to realize. The problems of a daydreamer.

Today, however, my body was on high alert, as if it knew something was going to happen. I was fully awake. And skimpy. Its like every little thing was out to get me. The sprinklers in my neighbors yard, the reflection in the mirror, the slam of a locker door being closed. Everything. Throughout the night I had had insomnia.

Just don't go insane, Natalie. Don't. They're already trying to put you in the asylum, go insane and they'll definitely give you the boot.

My heart was ramming against my ribs so hard I heard cracking noises. As I was passing the boys bathroom, I heard screams echoing from inside.

Run.

Get help.

My mind was throwing out commands to me, but one stuck out the most.

Investigate.

I decided to listen to what my mom always said, ignore your head, follow your heart.

For you, mom.