~Chapter 3~

"Hey, you can starve if you want but me and mom are getting breakfast," Mikey says roughly in a whisper. I slowly push myself up into a sitting position and rub my eyes, feeling a cool breeze hitting the back of my neck. I feel a dip at the ledge of my bed, I look down to see my mom gently smiling at me with trustful eyes. Trying to speak to her, only a faint whisper came out.

     "Sweety...it would mean the world to me if you spent some time with us at breakfast. If you are feeling sick, I will gladly bring you back dome food," she says kindly. I shake my head at her, she gives me a hug and helps me out of bed.

     "I'll come with, but let me get ready first," I say. They both nod synchronized, then walk outside to wait. I bend down and unzip my duffel bag, bringing out an oversized green day shirt and beige shorts. As I get dressed, I stand in front of my portable heater letting the heat soothe my cold skin. Once I'm ready I leave my hair the way it is and walk out of the screen door, Mikey gives me a glare but I pretend I don't see him for the sake of mom's positivity I always loved. I gave mom a kiss on the cheek and held her hand while we walked to the restaurant, Mikey just had his hands in his pockets and gave crappy small talk to a girl we ran into. Five minutes later, I twirl my head around and notice mom let go of my hand. I look every way, no one is anywhere, black suddenly surrounding me, no where to turn or look. Numb.
                         ~~~
     Cold damp fabric lightly dabs on my face, I stir around and feel sheets underneath me. I force my heavy eyelids open to see my mom crying, I hate to see her sad and crying, I need to comfort her. Getting up, my stiff body tenses up as mom brings me back on the bed.

     "You need to stay in the bed Gerard, you fainted last night and need rest," my mom said with sniffles following. She reached out and caressed my cheek, I held onto her wrist and pulled it away.

     "Why are you so sad, mom," I asked.  Wiping her tear off of her face, she starts sobbing again.

     "I thought you were going to die, or you had a heart attack," she mumbled. I sat up and grabbed her by the shoulders, giving her a stern look eye to eye.

     "Mom. I'm not dead now, am I. I just fainted, like I've done many times," I said

     "But I thought something would really bad happen this time."

     "Don't think like that, I'm fine."

     "But-"

     "No, I'm going to go outside and go hiking on those trails. I have my phone if anything happens, don't worry, okay," I interrupt. She nods her head while looking down, I give her a faint smile and grab the mini backpack I packed for hiking. Pushing past Mikey at the door way, I start walking to the trails observing all the nature and taking pictures for my aesthetics. While walking on the dirt pathway I check my phone, suddenly ramming into something. "Oh, sorry," I say looking up. A guy with mid length curly brown hair comes into my view, looks about the same age I am.

     "Nah it's fine dude, where are you heading out to," the man questions. I shrug and show him my pictures, he nods to every photo. "Man those are amazing, you should be a photographer," he implies.

     "Yeah, I was thinking about going to college for photography when I'm done with high school," I said. I shift my weight to my left foot awkwardly in the silence, he seemed to understand me. "Well, I'm Gerard," I broke through the silence.

     "I'm Ray, sixteen, plays guitar, incredibly good looking," Ray says while raising an eyebrow with a smirk. We laugh until our lungs give out, ending up with both of us lying on the ground holding our stomachs wheezing.

     "I haven't laughed that much in a long time, friends?," I ask.

     "Friends," he agrees.

---------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Yes I know its a bit shorter than the others but I thought it was a good place to end the chapter off, trust me the others will be longer. Please leave feedback in comments, and please support!