CHAPTER 9: Meeting the fiancee

INA'S POV

I can't stop biting my lip while listening to Alex how she scold me right now. I called her earlier to have someone to talk to about my problem, but I just got scolded by her.

"Really Mich?  What on earth are you thinking that you agreed with your parents huh?" Alex said while sounded so pissed.

" trust me.. I really don't know why either!"  I sighed heavily..

"Mich you do realize that wedding is sacred right?  And for Pete's sake you don't even know that guy! What if he's bad or maybe a some pervert man who just want to toy you huh? "  pigil ang sigaw ni Alex. And because of what he just said. I came back from my senses. Good god!! What have I done? This is wrong.  No! I have to do something. Napahikbi ako kaya malakas ang naging sigaw ni Alex sa cellphone ko.

"Mich?? are you okay?"  nagaalalang tanong ni Alex. "I'm sorry I shouted at you. Pero sana nagisip ka muma ng ibang paraan. You know you can help yaya loleng but Mich.. marriage is not the solution ." She added.

"I know.. I just really got scared Alex.. you know I can't let them crash nanay loleng's life because of me."  I said wiping my tears.

" you're really so good that I always wondered why they are doing this to you." Alex groaned. "Anyway pick me up next week. I  coming there of course not to congratulate you for your sudden engagement  but to cheer you up and find some way to solve this ok."  She added sounds so worried.

"but Alex, what about the shop? And I know you really don't want to come here again.. I m-mean you just can't bear to be here again." Pigil ko sa kanya I know she really can't come in this country ever again.

"If it's for you darlin', then I must don't you think so?  expect me next week I just need to finalize some things here okay?"  Alex said in a final way.

We bid goodbyes to each other. I looked at my self from the full-length mirror in my room. This is it. The day to meet my fiancee. Its been a week already and after so many preparations I am now going to meet him. As one week passed I didn't come down to meet my parents or even dine with them since our talked at the library. good thing nanay was there for me.

I flinched when my phone ring. A message from my mom saying they would be early at the said restaurant. They must be happy because they can sell me in exchange for some stocks for the company.

I reviewed myself from the mirror. Im wearing a maroon body-lace long chiffon gown and a pair of black stilettos.

As I enter the restaurant a waiter come to me and ask for a reservation.. then after that he guide me to a vip room. I can see my parents and Irene chatting happily with a two not so old couple. I wonder where my fiancee is. It seems like he's also late.

"Oh there goes my daughter." Nakangiting sabi ni mommy while giving me a chair to sit.

"Oh really? You must be very proud  to have a gorgeous daughter  like her. Right?" nakangiting sabi ng babaeng kausap ni mommy.

"Of course."  Mom smiled too.

"Have a seat dear. My son just texted and said he's already coming here. He just need to sign some proposals then he's off to."  The lady smiled at me so I smiled awkwardly too.

"Anyway youre fashion show a month ago was a blast. You're so good at designing iha." The lady talk again.

"You know me madame?"  I ask her to make sure.

"Of course iha. I've been into your fashion shows many times already and I'm tellin' you.. you're so good at your works."  nakangiting sagot niya.

"Oh! Ahm. Thank you for your feedback madame."   I also smiled.

"Oh dear! mom can do. We're going to be a family sooner right?"  I just nodded to her. I pick up my phone and read some of Alli's message then Irene whispered on me.

"Welcome to your hellish life sister!"   She smiled innocently to me.

"Yeah! Thanks about that. Witch." I answer her smiling too though she just glared at me.

"Oh my son has arrived. Come here honey. " nakangiting tawag ni Mrs. Torrealba habang nakatingin sa bumukas na pinto.

Mom and Irene gasped looking at the man behind my back. I nervously pinch myself.  I have to calm down. Is he that not good looking para mapasinghap si mommy ng ganon.

"I'm sorry i'm late. There's so many papers at office."  The man said then sat on the chair at my front.

"Are you really Mr. Torrealba?" My mom asked him.

Yeah. Is he really. When he looked at my direction I cursed behind my back. This man is so gorgeous. His appearance screams power. And when I stared at his eyes I got lost. Wait.. he's the man at my last fashion show in Paris. I can't believe he's the man behind that many articles about him.

"Of course! He is my son afterall."  Nakakunot-noong tanong ni Mrs. Torrealba maybe she got offended on my mom's sudden question.

"I'm Kaiser Torrealba. My father is the CEO of the company and I'm the president. As you already heard I have my own company that I also managed."  The man said. Looking at us intently.

Kaiser?? What a manly name. Urrghh!! What am I saying.

My mom cleared her throat then looked at me.

"So, I believe we are here for a reason? Let's talk about the engagement first before we proceed to the wedding plans." nakangiting suhestiyon ng ginang.

"Can we rescheduled it? I mean we must set another time. As you can see we have to talk to our daughter's opinion first."  Mom suggested.

Wait? What? My opinion? Anong nangyayari at parang gustong umurong nila mommy?

Pati ang ama ni Kaiser ay hindi nagustuhan ang sinabi ni mommy. Binaba niya ang basong hawak niya at tumingin kay mommy.

"I thought we already talked about this on my office Mrs. Alvarez? We're not the one who come up with the idea of marriage. It's you.  And also you said  Ms. Ina already agreed. Now what the change of plan?"

"We're just thinking if maybe we can talk about it some other time?"  My mom answered chuckling but I know she's  nervous and I don't really even know why.

"What my wife wants to say was.. maybe we should reschedule another perfect day for the engagement preparation and let our children talk about it.. why don't we enjoy the dinner first?" My dad said calmly trying to cover up my mom.

"Oh what a perfect idea. Kaiser will drive Ina home. So they can catch up with each other .. what do you think son?" Mrs. Torrealba   suggests.

"If it's fine with her mother." Kaiser answer looking at me.

"I.. ahmm. brought my car with me madame. And Mr. Kaiser might be busy." I decline politely.

"Oh!! I'm pretty sure that he isn't. And about your car.. my driver can take it home for you." She insists. I think I don't have a choice but to say yes.. so I nodded at her.

"Oh your so sweet dear.. now where were we Mr. Alvarez?" tanong ng mommy ni Kaiser kay dad.

They continue chatting while I entertain myself from the foods in front of me. I sometimes caught Kaiser staring at me then back away when I look back. Weird. While Irene glare at me over a hundred times as if it can kill me.