Chapter 19

"I knew I recognised your name. It didn't click at first. But I finally realised."
A voice spoke out of the blue, scaring  the hell out of me, causing me to jump. I knew it was weird that the light was on, but it didn't click that someone was actually in the room with me.
Turning in the direction of the voice, I see a figure with pitch black hair, standing with their back to me as they stood in front of my bedside table, turning to the side as they held a picture frame in their hand. Even though they stood to the side, so I could only see one half of their face, I knew exactly who it was. Just by the long, very long smile. It was Jeff. But what did he mean that he recognised my name? I don't recognise his?
"This was the day it happened, I remember your clothing. That was one of the best days of my life, witnessing what you had done."
I watch as he turns to face me properly. His eyes locked on the frame. The way he held it allow me to see the picture, just about. It was a picture of me and my father. But I was so confused. What is it he's remembering? My name and my clothes? What does that have to do with anything?
"This was the day you killed our teacher."
He states bluntly, lifting his head and locking his eyes in me, turning the frame around for me to see. He was right. That picture was taken the day I killed my teacher, the morning before I left for school. My mother got it printed as soon as she took it.

I took a step back in shock, trying to settle my mind. What on Earth was going on. Just who exactly is Jeff?!
"How.. how'd you know about that?! Did, did you see it in the news? In the paper? How!!"
I watch as he looks at me with a temporary stunned expression before bursting out laughing, placing down the frame.
"News? Paper? At the age! Don't be pathetic. I saw you kill him dumb-ass! I was the only kid that didn't run away. You told me your name. We were separated before I could tell you mine."
He states, as if to be pointing out the obvious. Making his way towards me, becoming dangerously close, forcing me to move back away from him.
I was completely lost for words. All those years ago. That sweet little boy with the cute face and beautiful smile. This is him now. All that time while I was in the mental hospital. If I wasn't talking to Sakura, or, well... Sakuras 'spirit'. I was thinking of that little boy who wasn't afraid of me. All that time, I had been thinking of, Jeff?!
"No.. No! You, you can't be that little boy! That kid was so, so happy and perky.. always, smiling.."
I meant what I said, but in a way, instantly regretted it. Jeffs face did not look happy. I had pissed him off.
"Happy? Always smiling? What? Don't I look HAPPY to you? Doesn't it look like I'm ALWAYS FUCKING SMILING?!"
He yells, grabbing my throat and slamming me back against my wardrobe. I couldn't help but shriek at his sudden action.
"I know what you are now, that explains the teacher. It explains your parents who remain dead downstairs."
He pauses, increasing his grip around my neck as he leans closer. His face was only inches away from my mask. I could see his eyes looking straight into the black sockets of my mask, hunting to find my hiding eyes.
"You're a fucking freak."

That was it. Id had enough. My entire life I have been called a freak or a monster. No more will I be called names. I like my ability, in fact, I fucking love it. I embrace it and I will for the rest of my life. If it means I get to destroy all negativity.
Growling angrily, I lunge my fist up into Jeffs throat. He instantly gasps and wheezes for air, backing away and clutching his neck. I take my opportunity to jump on him and pin him down. I wanted to be up close and personal for his death.
But he eventually catches his breath and begins to fight back, trying to wrestle me off of him. So I had to act fast. Staring deep into his eyes, I lock on to whatever part of his dead soul was left. Forcing him to kill himself.
He groans as his hand shakily reaches into his pocket, grabbing his knife and lifting it to his throat. You could see the tremendous strain and fight he was putting up to stop himself. His veins were practically popping out of his head. However, he manages to over come me, throwing his knife to the side, out of his reach. Gasping for breath harshly and angrily. So, there was only one thing to do. His hands clamp around my neck and begin to squeeze but my eyes remain focused as I make the blood in his brain begin to boil. He whines in agony as blood dribbles from his nose.
But, he had one last energy burst in him. One hand removes from my neck, grabbing my mask, ripping it off from my face. I scream instantly, jumping off of him, running for the window. But he was faster than me, grabbing my arm and pulling me back.
"GET OFF OF ME! LET ME GO RIGHT NOW!"
I yell as I hide my face away from him as much as possible. But his grip on my arm only tightens.
"Show me your face."
He orders before dropping my mask to the floor, next to his knife so neither of us could reach it. What was I going to do? I was not ready to show him my face but how was I going to get out of this.
"Show me your face! You owe me this-"
"I OWE YOU NOTHING!"
I scream, tears falling down my face, dripping to the floor.
I listen to his footsteps and he moves to stand beside me, still holding my arm. Luckily, he was standing to my right side. So he couldn't see the left side of my face.
"For years I was wondering if I'd ever see that girl again who killed my school teacher."
He admits, loosening the grip on my arm just a little. It felt weird to think that we had both been thinking of each other over the years.
"Every time I went on a mission to kill someone. If they were female, I'd always ask their name first. To check it wasn't you."
Why would he check that it wasnt me? Surely he would be checking to see if it was me? Unless.. he wanted to make sure it wasn't me so that he could kill them? I don't know..
"[Name]. Let me see your face."
Hearing him say my name with such a tone, it felt weird. But I couldn't tell if it was a good weird or a bad weird. But I can definitely tell that it was Jeff who called my name while I was being attacked..
Taking a deep breath, I turn around to face him.