Chapter 16

Marinette's P.O.V.

"Ow... my head... Tikki, did anything happen yesterday?" She shrugged. That's when I remembered. I was supposed to kill Chat yesterday. Why couldn't I remember?

"You should hurry. You're late for school." I groaned and got dressed. I went through the first half of the day half listening, half sketching in my book. I got up the moment the bell rung and went in search of Alya when someone grabbed my arm. My first reaction was to stab the unknown assailant but there were way too many witnesses. I turned to face the person. It was... huh.

"A-a-Adrien, wh-what're you-"

"Why are you stuttering?" I swallowed. I didn't really have a good excuse but I needed to remember what had happened last night so I had to act as innocent as possible. "You know what, it doesn't matter. I know your little secret Marinette."

"Wh-what secret? I d-don't have any-" I thought he was bluffing. There was no way Adrien of all people would know I was Ladybug.

"I know you're Ladybug. The jig is up." Shoot. I stiffened for a moment before leaning on the lockers. I tried to defend myself one more time.

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"It's no use." I sighed. No point pretending anymore.

"How did you find out?"

"None of your business."

"You deserve worse than that."

"Uh, rude much banana boy?" He kept quiet. I rolled my eyes. "Well Mr. Goody two shoes, I guess it's off to jail for me!" I held out my wrists to him, facing the ground so he wouldn't see the grin on my face. I knew Adrien. Simply too good to do that. He grabbed my arms and pinned me against the lockers.

"Now why would I do that?" I looked up, surprised for a moment before shoving him away. I stiffened slightly and folded my arms.

"What are you planning blondie?"

"I wonder the benefits of blackmailing a supervillain." I rose an eyebrow, shocked, once again. Seems Adrian wasn't as innocent as I thought.

"That's an... interesting perspective.'

"Wanna sit together for lunch Mari?" I felt my brain turn to mush and pulled myself together. I was so confused. How did he get to know my identity and why would he want to sit with me of all people after finding out? Two things; he was either crazy or seriously stupid and to my knowledge, he was brother of those things. Hmm...

"You just can't get enough, can you banana boy?" He wrapped an arms around my shoulders and I could physically feel him sniffing my hair. I chuckled softly, not sure to be weirded out or flattered. I chose both. "What's this for?"

"How about we give everyone a shock m'lady?" I swallowed, trying not to think of Chat. I still needed to find out what happened to me the night before.

"My lady, huh? Wow. Such a gentleman."

"Yes princess. Very important to use nicknames as a couple." My eye widened slightly. Me. And Adrien. A couple. My brain completely fused and it was totally black for a few moments. When my eyes opened again, Adrien was holding me. Oh Lord, tell me I didn't faint in front of Adrien Agreste. I mumbled a quick profanity and stepped away from him.

"Couple?"

"Blackmail?" I sulked, defeated. I had mixed feelings about this. Adrien was a nice guy who I wanted to get to know but he knew way too much and I didn't want to get too attached.