The room has lost its glory...

A sense of pity washed over Ira even as she took in the room. It was as empty and lifeless as the entire house.

It was is empty and lifeless as its master...

She wondered if like this room meant for so much more, yet used for so little, Lord Talbot had once had a fulfilling life. She wondered if his life had been reduced to a state of emptiness by his accident and the loss of his memory. Were these seats once occupied by men and women of the highest of class in society? Surely they were! It was obvious from the quality of furniture it possessed that it once entertained kings, that Lord Talbot once entertained kings but somehow, life had succeeded in emptying him of all he knew.

Just as life had succeeded in emptying her as well...

“I shall fix it, my Lord, I shall fix not only this room, but your entire life. I shall restore your memory... ” She ran her fingers across the edges of the table. “...if you shall permit me." Wrapping her arms around herself, she allowed her eyes to scan the room once more before turning and scurrying out for fear of being caught by her new master.

♠♠♠

A frown tugged on Julius' brows as he examined the unfamiliar woman who stood alone in the empty dining room. With a black veil draped over her visibly tense shoulders, her black hair was held tightly bound at the top of her head. She was of a tall build, nearly as tall as he was, she only came short at his ear. Shabby clothes kept her entire body covered, from her neck to her toes, only coming short at her wrists, leaving her honey coloured skin exposed.

Honey...

For some reason, that was what he thought of when he saw her skin. He didn't think of how dark it was compared to his mother and even his housekeeper, Miranda. He didn't think of it as being burnt by the sun, a result of the hours she must have spent working in it. He instead thought of honey, the pure, beautiful, sweetness of honey, the thought alone causing a warm sensation to spread around his skin.

Shaking his head, he sought to rid his mind of the thought. He had come here in hopes of eating alone before his mother catches up with him and forces him to have dinner with her. He wasn't here to stand and lust over a woman's wrist. Perhaps his time away from society at large has only succeeded in driving him mad?!

He scolded himself and tried to convince himself to walk away but his feet stubbornly clung to its position by the door, his gaze stubbornly running over her. She was skinny but her body seemed to curve at just the right places, making her form appealing to the eyes long enough to forget her intimidating height. Even her raggedy clothes seemed powerless against the perfection of her form and for a slight second, his mind tried to conceive the image of her without these rags. He however couldn't, having no memory of a woman's naked form, if he had even seen one.

She stood with her back to him, unconsciously holding him captive. He longed to see her face in that second, to know if she was as beautiful as her form.

Was she the new maid his mother spoke about? Surely she was, what else could explain her presence? And why did he even care, why was he interested in a maid?

Leave now, Julius!

The voice in his head warned, yet he knew he couldn't. He was experiencing something he hadn't experienced in the past and if he had, it was an experience he couldn't remember; he was desiring a woman, and it was a desire he thoroughly enjoyed. It was especially a desire he wasn't sure he could ignore.

Copyright © 2018 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.

Hey guys! Did you find this chapter worth the read? Then allow me to ask you for a favour that transcends voting and commenting; please share this story. The more people share it, the more likely it is to get noticed.

Thank you once again for reading. What do you think is going to happen next especially with Julius' newly found desire for Ira?

Don't forget to please vote and comment and SHARE!