Getting acquainted

Start from the beginning

At least it was cooler than the outside.

Mentally shrugging, he continued into the building. Pausing to nosily peak into rooms that piqued his interest- it was mostly storage closets and utility rooms, chock full of washing machines and delicate, drying clothes.

"You must be Thomas!" Called a voice from the end of the corridor.

Tom looked up, surprised, and took in the women waving at him over.

She was tall- definitely taller than the waitress that had to lead him to Ms Sinclair's office, and was absolutely, without question, taller than Ms Sinclair herself. Wearing a ripped, red plaid and black maids dress, it seemed to suit her tastes nicely as it complimented her short blue hair and multiple ear piercings.

He trudged closer cautiously.

"I'm guessing you're Cherri?" He questioned.

"You can bet your ass I am." She smirked down at him before she turned and started to walk down the rest of the hallway, "Since you're late, we're gonna have to do a speed run. I hope you can keep up!"

Tom jogged to match her pace and startled as he was suddenly pushed into another room. It was quite large, containing three changing room stalls near the back, whilst the front was dedicated to a huge vanity mirror, surrounded by intense bright white lights. A messy makeup counter had been pushed in front of it, the surface had once been a classic marble but now had been covered in thick layers of dried makeup that had been neglected to clean up. Near the wall furthest away from him held several lockers, cupboards and prop boxes; practically overflowing with different outfits and accessories. The walls themselves were covered in a rainbow of splattered paint, as though a class of toddlers had gone wild during their arts and crafts time.

It was definitely unique.

"This is the changing room- at the start of your shift you put your shit in one of these bad boys." Cherri gestured in the general direction of the lockers from her place near the door frame, "And you get changed into whatever you feel like wearing- honestly it depends on how slutty you feel that day."

Tom looked at her with a blank expression.

"The general consensus is that if you can wear it at a convention, then its fine on the shop floor." She shrugged, seemingly unbothered by his stare, "You might want to pick something out and get ready now actually. I'll show you everything else after."

He nodded, and made his way to the shabby looking cupboards, scrutinising his options. It didn't seem like they had a size organisation procedure in place- it looked more like a free for all.

Picking his way through the different styles of dresses, he didn't quite know where to start. What would look good on him? What if he found one he adored but it didn't fit?

He chewed at his bottom lip as he considered all of his choices- Cherri's preferred options were obvious; they usually had some form of plaid and a few chains placed into the mix. There were other ones though, basic poofy ones that didn't show too much skin, a hint of bow or lace, usually in pastel primary colours. They seemed to be what the other waitress liked to wear; being more cute and childish than her punk colleague.

Maybe there was one that suited his Ska aesthetic?

Kneeling down on the plush carpet, he looked at the last remaining few. Most of them were nice, sure, and he wouldn't have a problem with wearing any one of them (whilst he was getting paid for it, of course), but none of them seemed to jump out at him. Just as he neared the bottom of the heap, he paused.

The one he had found reminded him of an old-fashioned sailor outfit, dark navy blue in colour with white ruffled sleeves, a pinched waist, suspenders and a flared skirt. It was- gorgeous, it was so, him?