Chapter 10

KILLER QUEEN CHAPTER 10

I was born in space, I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For three generations the ark has kept what's rest of the human race alive but now our home is dying and we are the last hope of mankind. One hundred prisoners sent on desperate mission to the ground, each of us is here because we broke the law but on the ground there is no law. All we have to do is survive, we will be tested by the earth, by the secrets it hides and most of all each other.

I stand beside Bellamy as we watch Finn try to calm a hysterical Clarke, her cry's now being heard by most of the camp.

"What was that noise?" I look over seeing Octavia frantically coming our way.

Bellamy signs, "The exodus ship", he turns looking back at Clarke making Octavia's eyes follow.

"We don't know that she's dead, it's possible she wasn't even on board."

I look at her, " True...but we also don't know if she was." I look up at the ever so bright moon silently calculating how many hours until the sun rises.

"What are you thinking?" I hear in my ear.

I look up at Bellamy, " We've got ruffly five hours left until morning-"

"And let me guess you were going to run off into the night to got scope it out."

I smirk, "Well I didn't plan on actually telling you but now that you know, bye." I start to walk away knowing that both Blake's are following.

"I'll come with you." They say together.

"No!" Bellamy and I say together though his more fierce.

I turn to them smiling as Octavia glares at Bellamy, Bellamy looking furious at the thought of his little sister wandering around in the dark... or perhaps its because she'll be wandering around in the dark with me. My brows furrow at the thought before I look up to the siblings.

"Your not going anywhere outside of the camp!"

Octavia scoffs at her brother, "Are you going to stop me."

"Try me." He challenges making her even more angry.

"Enough!" I hiss at them realising how much time they're wasting, " Bellamy if you must come with me, Fine! But I won't slow down for you nor will I look for you if you get left behind. Octavia stay here. Watch over the camp and make sure Clarke being the emotional wreck she is doesn't do anything stupid! Okay!"

Both of them nod knowing I left no room for argument, "Good, Lets go!"

I walk out of the camp with Bellamy in tow, " You sure know how to give out orders Mystery."

" And you sure know how to waste time Blake, now hurry up. We're not the only ones who would have seen that go down."

Catching on to what I was saying Bellamy follow me quietly through the forest stopping as quickly as i did whenever I heard something or when I was surveying the area. Over more then an hour later we reached the crash site though we smelt it long before, the horrific smell of burn flesh wafted through the air.I stopped at the edge of the tree line doing a quick scan of the area and the wreck.

"You see anything", Bellamy whispers, I do one more pass of the area, " No... keep low and quiet, best to not risk it." He nods following me through the rubble. Fires were still blazing which provided some light but is also concerning if there is still hydrazine in the tanks, " Lets move quickly. See if you can find anything useful, hard drives , the black box, weapons, first aid, anything we could need."