Chapter 9 Teaser

KILLER QUEEN CHAPTER 9 TEASER

**************

My legs dangle from the tree I'm sitting in as I watch the camp, night has fallen and practically everyone is drunk or getting drunk.

" Hey, the coms are still dead, they cut out during the pageant"

I look down at Clark and Bellamy who are standing beneath me.

" Best Unity Day ever", Bellamy tells Clarke making her chuckle.

" Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party," Clarke ask him," I mean the grounder is out there-,"

" Grounders Clarke," I say causing them to both look up at me. I hop down from the tree and stand next to them.

Bellamy nods his head," By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob. Relax, I got security covered," she nods ," Why don't you get a drink? You look like you could use one."

She smiles and looks around at everyone," I could use more than one."

He smiles," Then have more than one... Clarke, the exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun while you still can, you deserve it."

She think for a moment,"Yeah.okay" she shrugs then walks off.

He then looks to me,"What about you? Mysterious Embry, you going to let up for a day?"

I turn to look at him with a blank face which makes him nod,"Guess not,"

We're silent for a moment just gazing out at nothing before I speak up,"You know, I'll have to leave when the exodus ship lands"

He looks over at me with a questionable face,"Come on Blake, your smart, you really think that I'll be pardoned", I lightly chuckle," you don't even know who I am and your mind warns you not to trust me. They know who I am, you really think they'll let me wander free with out restraints. The only reason I'm free now is because they sent us down here to die....we weren't suppose to live,"

He's silent, thinking over what I had just said,"How old were you? When you were put in solitary?"

I look down," It's more of.....how young was I... though I guess I was more lucky then my family"

He furrowed his eyebrows, normally people just refer to their mother or father the word 'family' is not often used," Family?"

I look over to him," You and Octavia aren't the only ones with a brother or sister, though yours are alive"

****************