Chapter 8

KILLER QUEEN CHAPTER 8

I was born in space, I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For three generations the ark has kept what's rest of the human race alive but now our home is dying and we are the last hope of mankind. One hundred prisoners sent on desperate mission to the ground, each of us is here because we broke the law but on the ground there is no law. All we have to do is survive, we will be tested by the earth, by the secrets it hides and most of all each other.

I looked up at the sky noticing how much the sun has rised, I'll  be at Talon's cave soon. I look around me then continue walking straight.

I could soon see the small opening of Talon's cave, I duck down into the small hole keeping my footsteps as light as possible, wanting to get the element of surprise.

I stop just around the corner and slowly pull out my small dagger, I look down at the dagger. I still don't fully trust Talon or even Lincoln and I'm not sure I ever will. I pull myself out of my inner thoughts when I hear him walking around and move closer to the corner I'm hiding around.

Just one more step.

I jump out from around the corner and tackle Talon down to the cold cave floor quickly putting my knife to his throat. Talon, who was about to make a move realised it was me, stopped and let us land with a thud. My legs straddling him. When we settle down I realise something that makes my focus waver. I stare down at Talons bare chest and feel my cheeks flush lightly, never have I been in a position like this.... even if holding a weapon this position felt so intimate and that was foreign to me.

Noticing my slight discomfort Talon used that to his advantage and quickly shoved the knife out of my hand then quickly flipped me over so I'm on my back with him straddling me, but he doesn't stop there. He quickly grabs my wrists firmly and pins them above my head.

I can feel my face getting redder and redder as a shirtless Talon continues to straddle me and hold my wrists above my head, is it from anger or embarrassment..... probably both.

I stayed still utterly confused on what to do for a moment then realise I've space out and look up to Talons face though I don't quite make it that far. I'm to mesmerised by what's on Talons very sculptured chest and arms. How did I miss this before. I stare up at the black thorned vines that start at Talons torso and make their way up to his chest but just when their going to meet where his heart lies, they transform into a beautiful black bird that has is wings spread out as if it's ready to take flight right there on his chest.

I let out a breath then go to reach up and touch the bird but feel a force on my wrist, I then remember that Talon's holding my arms down. I look up at his face and look into his eyes only to realise that he seems to be panicked.

"Talon, what is it?"

He just continues to stare at me, " Talon?"

The expression on his face suddenly changes, the panic I saw before vanishes and is replace with anger.

" Where ste em?" He presses harder on my wrists.

( where is he?)

I stare up at his angry eyes with furious ones, "Bak of !"

(Back off!)

"Where!" He tightens his grip more.

I've had enough.

"Back off!" I shout then use my knees to knock him off balance and roll us. I pull my wrists from his grip and stand, I back away a few steps watching him with caution. He just continues to sit where I pushed him for a few moments then starts to stand. I immediately put my hand on the dagger that's at my waist, he quickly catches the moment and suddenly looks regretful but I don't let it faze me. I stand up even straighter and look him in the eyes.