Chapter 7

KILLER QUEEN

CHAPTER 7

I was born in space, I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For three generations the ark has kept what's rest of the human race alive but now our home is dying and we are the last hope of mankind. One hundred prisoners sent on desperate mission to the ground, each of us is here because we broke the law but on the ground there is no law. All we have to do is survive, we will be tested by the earth, by the secrets it hides and most of all each other.

Listening to the sounds of the wind blowing, thunder booming across the sky and rain drops hitting the steel around me is surprisingly calming.I continue to sit with my back against the wall of the drop-ship.

''Hold it down''

''Come on''

''This is Raven Reyes, calling ark station..... come in, calling ark station...this is Raven Reyes calling ark station, please come in. Can anyone hear me''

Well ....there goes the peacefulness.

I open my eyes to see a group of guys trying to bring the tarps that we use for tents inside, though they're failing. I look over to Raven who is still trying to get the radio to work.

''Are you sure you have the  right frequency''

'' Yeah i'm sure!!''

Clarke walks over ,'' Raven, you can do this''

Raven breathes out and continues to try and reach the ark, while Clarke walks over to Finn and checks the stab wound. I continue to watch as she removes the cloth from around the wound and even from where I was it was clearly infected.

''Calling ark station, can anyone hear me, please, the hundred are alive''

Suddenly the radio start to make more static. I quickly stand and walk over to Raven.i look over the radio as the static continues. Raven goes to talk again but I place my hand on her shoulder stopping her, she looks up at me with questionable eyes. The radio then makes louder static noises, then stops.

''This is a restricted channel, who is this, please identify yourself?''

Everyone crowds around us quickly ,''This is Raven Reyes, i'm from mecca station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please you need to get doctor Abby Griffin, doctor Abby Griffin now!''

''Raven are you there'', a women's voice says and I immediately recognise it as Abby's.

I turn my head a little and look at Clarke who looks conflicted ,''Mum,mum its me''

Its silent for a moment ,'' Clarke?''

'' Mum, I need your help.One of our people was stabbed by a grounder,'' Clarke says looking over at Finn.

''Clarke this is the chancellor''

I immediately tense up and stand up straighter, pushing my shoulders back. Raven turns and looks at me obviously noticing my sudden change in mood.

'' Are you saying there are survivors on the ground,'' he continues.

'' Yes,'' she breathe out ,''The earth is survivable, we're not alone''

Its quiet for a few moments until Clarke speaks again ,''Mum he's dying, the knife'S still in his chest''

''Clarke,'' Jaha says ,''Is my son with you?''

''Im so sorry, Wells I-is , W-Wells-,'' Clarke tries

I stepped closer to the microphone ,'' He's dead''