Chapter 5

Thank you all for staying with me I know it took longer then usual but you all still voted anyway so thank you soooo much. I hope you like it.

dedicated to - boooooooks101 😄
_____________________________________________________________________________________

KILLER QUEEN

CHAPTER 5

I was born in space, I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have.For three generations the ark has kept what's rest of the human race alive but now our home is dying and we are the last hope of mankind. One hundred prisoners sent on a desperate mission to the ground, each of us is here because we broke the law but on the ground there is no law. All we have to do is survive, we will be tested by the earth, by the secrets it hinds and most of all each other.

Whispers

All I can hear is whispers

''emo laik baga, em laik baga''

(They are the enemy, she is the enemy)'

' Lincoln please, brother, she is not the enemy''

It was silent for a moment and I can feel myself slowly gaining more and more consciousness. This better not be a regular occurrence with Talon because I'm sick of him knocking me out. I wiggle my hands to see if they were tied and luckily there weren't.

'' Why'd you take her''

There was a slight pause.

'' She shot Anya ''

'' She what!''

'' Yes, she shot Anya and then her and the guards were tracking her so I knocked her out and bought her here. I know it was not the best move but-''

'' She cannot stay here if Anya finds out she will call you a traitor''

Not wanting to pretend to be unconscious any longer I sit up.

'' Who's Anya'' I say looking at Talon then at the other male who I remember Talon called Lincoln.

When they don't answer I slowly start to stand but I don't take my eyes off them, completely going into awareness mode.I watch as Talon looks at the other grounder then back to me then tries to take a step forward but I already go into defence and pull a small dagger out of my sleeve. The other grounder does the same while Talon just puts a hand on Lincolns chest, stopping him from advancing on his attack.

There's a moment of silence but it's full of tension because both Talon and Lincoln were staring at me.

Getting sick of it I spit out ''Chit! ''

(What!)

Talon looked away but then back to me and Lincoln stayed staring. He turns to Talon.

''She speaks our language?'' he says in a low whisperTalon looks at his grounder friend while I stay where I am, still holding my knife.

''Yes, she does''

''How''

''You know you can ask me. I'm right here,'' I say slightly annoyed He looked over to me then back to Talon, annoying me more.

''Forget it, I'm leaving. I don't even know why I'm here in the first place'' I get up and start to walk to the entrance of the cave.Talon steps in front of me quickly and in the same speed I re-raise my dagger, he simply puts up his hand as if he's is trying to say he's not a threat. I narrow my eyes at him.