rip lord tubbington

Start from the beginning

i groan and run a hand through my hair. i knew she was gonna flip but i didn't know like that.

now i feel bad and the only thing that's making me feel better is what i have planned for tonight.

it's twelve right now and i need to be at the studio with blaine i'm twenty minutes. blaine took ten minutes gelling his hair so we got their five minutes late. such a diva move.

"we wanna release the song on the 25th of this month and that gives you two months to promote," scooter says, "but we need to get a few things in line before releasing the commercial."

"okay, what is it?" i ask

"you're a married, great, but the label doesn't want that to be know." he says and blaine gives me a confused look

"why not?" blaine asks

"you're a twenty year old lesbian, which is fine. you'll attract more of a crowd because of they, but you're also married. that's not exactly the image we want to put out...just yet."

"then what's the image you wanna put out?" i ask

"we love the twenty year old lesbian and we love the marriage but we want to keep it between us. you want to attract 13 year olds and older and we don't want them to see that." scooter says

"see gay marriage?" i ask

"no," blaine says and i look at him, "they want you to be single. they want you to be the new bachelorette."

i look at scooter and raise my eyebrows.

"no. i'm not doing that." i say while shaking my head

"close, blaine, close. we want you to be with brittany but we want you guys to be together as girlfriend and girlfriend. not wife and wife. that way you don't seem so committed and you look like you can have a new girl at any moment."

"so you guys are gonna control my relationships?" i ask

"yes and no. this will help you." scooter says

i rub my eyes and groan, "what else did we have to talk about."

"your name," scooter says and i close my eyes, "you can't do santana pierce, so it's between santana lopez and..."

"just santana." i say and blaine and scooter notice my frustration

"santana, i promise that this is all to help you." scooter says and his voice is low

"i know but it's still a lot to take in," i say and i run a hand through my hair, "i just wanna be me."

"and you will be. just give it time," scooter says and he clicks the pen he's holding a few times, "nobody's gonna try to change you."

"what else do you need me to do?"

"social media. we want you to start over completely on instagram and twitter. so, delete all tweets and posts and, if you can, make your usernames the same for both accounts. we want the first thing you post is the promo for your song. oh, and have all pictures of you and brittany at your guys' wedding deleted. people these days can really lurk and we don't want them to find anything."

"okay, i'm cool with that."

but is brittany cool with it?

"last thing," scooter says and i shift in my seat, "we wanna release not alone the first of february."

"its a love song coming out in the month of love," blaine says with a smile, "that's brilliant."

i can tell he's trying to cheer me up.