secrets and distance

Brittany's Point of View

The same night Santana publicly fingered me infrong of our friends, I spent the night at Chantel's house. Santana knew that, and she seemed okay with it.

When I got home Sunday afternoon, I sent Santana a text asking if she wanted to meet up or something, but I never got a reply. It said she never read it but I have a feeling she read it without opening it. Then later on that night I tried to FaceTime her but she didn't answer. That's a whole day without talking to her, which is weird for us because we talk all the time.

On Monday Santana showed up to school but she was weird. She barely talked to me or to anyone but Quinn and when they did talk, they would whisper and it would be short. She didn't make eye contact with me and she didn't show up to practice.

Again, that night I texted her and called her but she never answered. I texted Quinn and asked her if everything is okay with Santana and she said that she doesn't know. I know she lied about that. If Santana doesn't tell me then she tells Quinn.

Me and Santana have been good. We haven't argued since we decided to just keep it real with each other. We've been telling each other almost everything. So, this was/is confusing me.

Neither Quinn or Santana showed up to school on Tuesday. Again I texted both of them but neither of them replied. I went by Santana's house after cheer practice but nobody answered the door. Which is weird because at least one person is home after three.

At this point I was losing my shit.

I don't know what's wrong with her. I don't know what to do or say because I hardly see her and when I do see her it's like I'm not seeing her because she doesn't speak or make eye contact with me.

It definitely has nothing to do with Chantel. Santana would've told me if she had a problem with me sleeping over at her house. Right?

On Wednesday, Santana showed up at school around fifth period. She had on sweats and a hoodie and her hair was in a messy bun. She had on no makeup and her eyes were red, like she's been crying. And as soon as she walked into the lunchroom, she walked up to Quinn and hugged her. I saw Quinn's lips moving but I couldn't make out what she was saying. She didn't show up to cheer practice again.

She hasn't gone to practice all week and Coach Sue hasn't said a word. Usually Sue would've made a comment about her not showing up, but she hasn't.

Now it's Thursday and I can't take this anymore. I can't take the distance and I can't take feeling like I'm the only one who doesn't know. I feel like everyone but me knows what's going on with my own girlfriend.

I decide not to go to cheer practice today because I'm going to be an investigator. I wrote out a plan in crayon on a sheet of paper but I lost it. Operation Lopez was the name of the plan and it's supposed to end in me and Santana scissoring.

I wanted to wear my Sherlock outfit but Lord Tubbington told me that I shouldn't wear it if I don't wanna get caught being a detective.

When I turn the corner I see Santana at her locker. I put my detective face on as I walk up to her.

"Hey," I say softly and she looks at me. Her eyes are red, again, "Babe, what's wrong?"

She rubs underneath her eye and closes her locker, "Nothing."

"Your eyes are red. Your either high or you've been crying." I tilt my head and examine her.

Her hair is in a messy bun, again. Her eyes are red, and she's wearing another hoodie and sweats. This isn't Santana. She only looks like this when something's really getting to her.